- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 12 Dec 18
Software Development Engineer in Test
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world's leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test / QA Automation Engineer.
IHS Product Development and Delivery - The area of IHS responsible for the ongoing software development of commercial products. Drawing on a global network of software development experts this exciting area is rapidly expanding to meet the needs of our complex and sophisticated product line.
To work as part of a team delivering high quality commercial software products within agreed timeframes according to the requirement of the business. To take an active role in shaping the direction of our automated testing approach. Products are typically used externally by customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with the various feature teams champion test automation to build a robust framework.
- Participate as part of a project team to design, code, test and implement programs to support the portfolio management process
- Use modern testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
- Integrate automation into continuous integration build.
- Provide input in establishing program and/or project budget and timelines
- Monitor and report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of project goals, recommend and implement corrective measures
- Continuously expand and share knowledge in area of specialization with agile team peers.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Professional experience of software development and test automation.
- Thorough understanding of one or more high level programming languages
- Thorough knowledge of technologies including Web, C#/.NET, ASP MVC/.NET
- Analytical and problems solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs.
- Familiarity with agile development methodology.
- Experience with Selenium, Specflow or similar tools.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy. IHS Markit is a participant in E-Verify (see links below). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.