Software Technology Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
Job Title: Software Technology Consultant - London Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a team that has achieved double digit growth for the last 3 years the EY Innovation Incentives team would be an ideal fit for you.
You will be assisting extremely high profile clients from FTSE 100 and 250 multinational companies to start ups to claim (in some cases much needed) R&D tax credits to help companies to continue to invest in innovation. Working in a flexible and diverse team of highly successful technology, science/engineering and tax specialists you'll be at the forefront of helping your clients successfully claim for these incentives.
You will be working closely with our client's software engineers across a range of industry sectors, such as Retail and eCommerce, IT consultancy services, Software product development, Aerospace and Defence, Social Networks and Oil and Gas amongst others. You will be an integral part of analysing the technological aspects of a client's R&D project and drafting technical summaries based on your interaction with your clients.
This opportunity is ideal for software developers or technical architects wishing to use their technology knowledge in a creative and analytical way and looking for an opportunity to take a lead in a client facing role. This role will require you to work in close collaboration within a team-based and consultancy environment and provide you with strong consultancy skills. It will also require you to have strong technical knowledge across a diverse range of technologies, interpersonal and communication skills, project management skills and client relationship-building abilities.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading or working as an effective member of a project team, exhibiting strong communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with other team members with different skill sets
- Writing compelling technical summaries to bring out the key technical areas within client projects to support R&D claims
- Interaction with clients' senior technical and software engineering staff in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the projects undertaken and identify how aspects of projects meet the R&D Guidelines
- Application of advanced problem solving skills and critical thinking to apply to project execution and delivery
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients to provide high levels of client service
- Responsible for high-quality delivery of advice and solutions to major clients, ensuring management of risk and reputation
- A keen desire to adapt and flex existing knowledge to different engineering sectors and build on the core capabilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Software engineering / computer science degree
- Ideally, you will have work experience as a software developer
- You have experience in dealing with the typical technical challenges faced by IT professionals in an enterprise environment, such as scaling, performance constraints, security, integration etc.
- You have exposure to various contemporary technologies and also possess the ability to swiftly learn and be conversant in new technologies, such as: GoLang, Swift, SQL, .NET, C#, Java, .Net. Hadoop/Spark, Big Data Processing (Lambda architecture), Oracle database, Oracle ERP, Android, iOS, Python, C++, Objective-C, Ruby, C, Haskell, R, Scala, Groovy, Lua, Google Go, Perl, Swift
- Some exposure to dev ops related technologies will be desirable: Virtual Machines, Docker Containers, Infrastructure as Code, Apache Mesos, CI/CD
- Knowledge on different architectural, integration patterns and protocols: Serverless, Microservices/SOA, monolithic, HTTP, JMS, ProtoBuffers, ESB, API Gateways
- You interact readily with other technical professionals, have outstanding interpersonal skills and excel in eloquence and concise summary of information
- Strong attention to detail and first-time accuracy is essential
- A general interest in project and company finances and the application of the tax treatment to a client's business
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Build your legacy with us.