Software Test Engineer
Senior Automation Quality Assurance engineer
This is an exciting time to join the thinkFolio Team. We are an award-winning Buy-Side platform which is being re-written in HTML 5. This is a rewarding opportunity and a great time to be joining a growing team on a great technology journey. If you want to be an integral part of this forward-thinking team with a drive to succeed and the opportunity to enhance your QA Automation career and expand your technical skillsets, then this is the role for you. Department overview:
The Quality Assurance team comprises of Highly skilled and experienced Testing professionals located in Europe, North America and India. The team supports and ensures high quality of software by independently verifying that software functionality conforms to business requirements using a combination of manual and technical testing techniques. The team is also responsible for verifying technical aspects of the implementation including the performance and scalability of the platform. Position summary
- Self-managed individual who can actively build and configure the automation frameworks.
- Strong Experience in Test Automation Tool/Frameworks, similar to Selenium WebDriver using Protractor.
- Proficient in HTML5 application Testing (Please see Tech Section below for details)
- Good in implementing a Service Level Automation Framework.
- Experience in designing high efficiency tests for scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications.
- Good to have exposure in implementing Automation solutions to Agile Scrum and other SW development lifecycle.
- Must have Good communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Should be growth oriented, confident, self-starter and a team player.
- Display flare and share knowledge.
This position will involve a hands-on test build /execution role where the creative inspiration can fuel BIG Innovation. Duties & accountabilities
- Work with the QA Manager to meet automation test requirements to the highest standards.
- Design Automation test strategies, test frameworks based on user requirements.
- Help / Assist AVPs / other products with Technical Challenges and define the next level for the present technical solutions.
- Candidate should possess a can-do attitude and be passionate about building great automation solutions.
- Experience of writing automated tests for APIs.
- Experience of working with Node and npm.
- Experience of building utility classes to abstract specific implementations from high-level test cases.
- Understanding of what can make end-to-end tests fragile / brittle, and what techniques make for more resilient and low-maintenance end-to-end tests.
- Experience of Non-Functional destructive testing and performance testing.
- Ability and willingness to talk with developers, Product Specialists & Sales teams and raise any issues encountered in creating tests for the application to find the best solution, rather than operating with a silo mentality.
- Experience of working with source control systems like (Git Hub) or equivalent and working alongside a development team.
- Should be a technology geek, customer-oriented and results-driven.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Jira.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.