Solutions Pre-Sales Engineer
Company & Team - "About Us"
Our industry-leading solutions, data services and investment management capabilities enhance the end-to-end lifecycle for traded and illiquid markets, with a range of offerings, including:
- Portfolio Monitoring
- CRM & Pipeline Management
- Valuation Software & Services
- Multi-Currency Cash & FX Management
Within the Solutions Division, the Pre-Sales team focuses on demonstrating IHS Markit's products to new and existing clients. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
IHS Markit is currently looking for a Pre-Sales consultant to join the team and play a key role in the future growth of IHS Markit's Solutions group. The successful applicant will be involved in all pre-sales activities across the Solutions division. The Pre-sales consultant will be instrumental in demonstrating all aspects of IHS Markit Solution products (such as iLevel, WSO and thinkFolio) as well as running and working on proof of concept projects.
Key responsibilities include;
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Working on demonstrations of IHS Markit Solutions products; Analyse data and offer suggestions around best practices to continue IHS Markit's success in winning clients;
- Work on Proof of Concept's to ensure successful and timely delivery of prospective client's requirements.
- Work closely with prospects to understand their business requirements across a spectrum of financial products and processes.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness and understanding of the products and new system functionalities within IHS Markit Solutions.
- Provide coaching and training to new clients to enable transfer of knowledge so that clients are prepared for the start of a project and are competent in utilising the product as planned
Key Qualifications and Skills:
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 3-5 years working in financial markets technology or financial markets business
- Broad knowledge of Public or Private Asset firms and their processes (portfolio management, trading, compliance, operations).
- Strong asset class knowledge in at least one of the following Public Assets (Equities, Fixed Income, Loans, FX, Derivatives) or Private Assets (Private Equity, Private Debt, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Infrastructure) basic knowledge of all.
- Strong skills with Excel, SQL (desirable)
- Additional financial qualifications preferred e.g. (Series 7, CFA Level 1 +, CAIA)
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.