Quanteam Group is a Consultancy firm specialising in the Financial sector, in London, Paris, Brussels, New York and Singapore.
Since 2007, our 800 consultants provide our sector with expertise and capacity across different areas such as Financial Engineering and Quantitative Research, Regulations and Market Change, IT Transformation and Innovation.
Our major clients are Corporate & Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Financial Associations, Hedge Funds, Brokers, Trading Companies, and Insurance Companies.
The company participates in major Programmes driven by Business, Technology and Regulatory initiatives, and we bring business advice through quantitative, risk, front office and organizational experience as well as IT expertise via Business Analysis, Development, Business Continuity and Change Management.
As part of Quanteam Group, Quanteam UK, based in the City of London, counts more than 80consultants, delivering our expertise to major Financial institutions in London.
Our client, a major French international investment bank, is recruiting a Production Support Analyst to join the London-based Global Markets Operations Support team dedicated to Commodities and its derivatives products.
Commodity Markets provides liquidity and market-making services across their markets to a large and diversified base of clients worldwide. Products include Base and Precious Metals, Oil, European and North American Power and Natural Gas, Coal, Emissions Commodities.
The Operations Support team works on the trading floor and its primary responsibility is to assist traders in their day-to-day trading activities and providing front-to-back production support for the Commodities Sophis platform trade life cycle.
Our client is ramping up the replacement of Sophis to a newer, better performing platform, Murex, and must keep its trading operations going on Sophis. They require a consultant with strong knowledge of the platform and who could fulfil a similar trading support role.
As a member of the team, support the global commodities platform (Sophis), critical for front-to-back functionality including portfolio management, pricing, risk management, market data sharing, product control, P&L reporting, settlements, physical scheduling, trade confirmations and regulatory reporting, etc.
Key daily tasks include:
- Assisting traders in any support requirements they have day-to-day
- Proactively monitoring the system
- Analysing and resolving production support technical and functional issues with relevant IT teams
- Managing the Trade lifecycle events in Sophis Commodities
- Perform trade monitoring workflow with P&L impacts analysis to erroneous bookings and restructuring of trades
- Fielding questions from all GMC personnel including traders, marketers, risk managers, and operations and keeping them informed of system issues and changes affecting them
- Logging incidents with IT support when necessary
- Propose to the Murex Product Owner of necessary bug fixes and possible enhancements to factor in Murex build
- Release management follow up from a user perspective to ensure no regression on daily production
- Participate to legacy transfer migration protocol from Sophis to Murex
Skills and Experience
This role requires strong problem-solving and communication skills. The analyst will engage directly with many different teams within the bank including trading, sales, middle office, back office, confirmations, market risk and accounting. Therefore, the ability to pick up diverse product and process knowledge will be critical.
• Sophis Application & Production Support for Commodities for metals and energy derivatives products (not limited to/exclusive) or Equities products
· Front to back processes, trade lifecycle, OTC and listed derivatives
• Knowledge on commodities/Portfolio management/PNL/Pricing/Product Control is a plus.
• Navigating Sophis and know-how is a MUST HAVE
• Intermediate level relational database and SQL skills are required