Specialist, Capital Adequacy
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
This is a key role supporting the delivery of the Firm-wide Stress Tests  , the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process, and the RRP (Recovery and Resolution plan) capital stress testing assessments for the legal entities of BNY Mellon in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The role will have exposure to the wide range of Business Lines and support multiple projects improving the Economic Capital Analysis and the Capital planning processes. Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The purpose of the team is to assess/analyse the level of capital required to offset the material risk exposures in a business as usual environment and stressed conditions and provide recommendations to the business. Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
The successful candidate will support the delivery of the ICAAP document, elements of the RRP, and contribute to the performance of stress testing including regulatory stress testing. This role can expect a significant exposure to risk and business leaders within the organisation. Deliver firm economic capital assessments, including:
Requirements: (what we are looking for)
- Analyse/assess the broad range of risks faced by the legal entity and incorporate these into the capital assessments (base case and stressed).
- Assess vendor provided macro-economic stress scenarios, and propose possible scenarios to the Capital and Stress Testing Committees.
- Contribute to the performance of internal and regulatory stress tests
- Perform on-going monitoring, review, assessment of regulatory changes that affect the Entity`s ability to undertake stress testing/ICAAPs.
- Enhance the stress testing infrastructure to increase efficiency, control and speed of the stress test process (including propose ways to increase efficiency, and lead in its delivery).
- Participate in projects to further develop the stress test processes including reverse stress testing and leading the improvement of risk models.
- Participate in end to end enterprise wide stress test process to quantify the capital impacts of various stress scenarios, and propose possible management actions to mitigate/reduce impacts (this includes economic downturn and other stress test scenarios).
- Conduct stress test tool development and analysis.
- Reviewing all relevant policies (stress testing, Basel and Capital Adequacy etc.), monitoring any policy gaps and driving initiatives to ensure compliance.
- Resolve economic capital issues and questions generated from Risk, Treasury and Finance (i.e. in relation to capital management/planning).
- Maintain and expand detailed ICAAP/Stress Testing procedural documentation.
- Organise the ICAAP production, contribute to sections of the ICAAP document and support production of other ICAAP sections as required.
- Contribute to sections of the RRP document and support production of other RRP sections as required.
- Analyse economic capital results (includes preparing stress testing documentation, and relevant committee packs).
- Analyse and challenge the Expected Credit Loss under IFRS9, and prepare the committee approval.
- Experience of ICAAP and economic capital stress testing within a regulated institution is a plus.
- Awareness of Economic Capital and Governance Regulatory requirements.
- Experience in economic capital modelling and capital stress testing is a plus. (Understanding of capital assessment and stress testing processes necessary).
- Degree in statistics, business finance, economics, mathematics, or related field.
- Able to work under tight schedules and consistently meet objectives.
- Must be able to effectively communicate complex information and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal).
- High level of PC literacy, especially in areas of complex data analysis.
- Must have strong Excel skills.
- Proven track record of project delivery with experience to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills; strong team player, accountable, good organisation and planning skills and a keen commercial instinct. Strong fluency in English. Highly self-motivated, with an ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment.
- Ability to interface with various functions in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry, related to regulatory capital management regulation and practices.
- Experience in Financial Services in banking (retail/wholesale), capital markets, investment management firms, consulting or at the regulator on prudential matters is a plus.
- Ability to research and interpret internal and external best practice and regulatory requirements, and make enhancements to existing practices.
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies and techniques (in particular credit, market, operational risk).
 Stress Tests include Enterprise Wide Stress Tests, Reverse Stress Tests, and Sensitivity Analysis etc..