Specialist, Network Management
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Specialist, Network Management
The Specialist, Network Management, works to resolve the most complex issues regarding the selection and management of custodian banks and subcustodian banks. Escalate to management as appropriate. Leads teams in market intelligence gathering, reviews reports generated for clients to describe market mechanics and risks. Ensures best practices are followed during due diligence process, and coordinates with Global Network Management teams to promote the alignment of corporate and functional business plans.
• Leads team members in supporting and evaluating the performance of custodian banks from a legal, compliance, risk management, and operational level. Applies advanced problem solving skills, judgement, and experience to analyse complex issues. Oversees due diligence process for identifying potential custody banks and the performance management process for selected custodians to ensure all areas of compliance and regulatory demands are met. Leads process of gathering, analysing, and reporting market intelligence to clients.
• Resolves the most complex or non-routine issues that arise from custodian banks and sub-custodian banks.
• Uses in-depth knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements to ensure adequate controls are in place at custody banks.
• Acts as a subject matter expert regarding security services and provides other businesses with recommendations when security products are designed or to answer regulatory body queries. Provides senior management with recommendations and support in order to align Network Management plans to corporate business plans.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, at all levels, engaging in negotiations, and problem solving both internal and external.
No direct reports; provides guidance to less experienced team members.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
• 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Banking industry experience in risk, compliance, and client engagement preferred.
• Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70558
Organization: Network Management-HR08805
Requisition Number: 1812015