Sr.Spec'st Project/Prgm Mgr
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Sr.Spec'st Project/Prgm Mgr
The Business Change Group (BC) is responsible for the oversight and management of all major projects within Pershing UK including:
• Business driven IT change.
• Business and Operational re-engineering.
• Regulatory, Legal and Risk projects.
• Large scale change programmes of work.
Each project is run against a Business Case, and is sponsored at Director / MD level within the organisation. The PD group has a core team of Project Managers and Business Analysts. The Project Management role has responsibility for managing projects from inception through to implementation whilst conforming to the Pershing Project Delivery Methodology.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Summary of role
This is a Project Manager role working within a major financial services organisation.
The successful candidate will have excellent project management and change skills, the candidate will demonstrate knowledge and experience of applying them, ideally within the financial services sector.
It will be the project manager's responsibility to:
• Fully define and scope the project, using a facilitative approach with in-house or external expertise whilst following Perishing's Project Delivery Methodology.
• Deliver the change into the business using change management tools to ensure successful implementation
• Apply Prince 2/Agile tools and techniques to control and monitor projects including:
o Effective and accurate project planning.
o Identification, recording and management of project risks and issues.
• Deliver projects against to ensure that the time, quality and cost objectives are achieved.
• Manage internal and external stakeholder input to projects and manage expectations of senior stakeholders.
This role is based in the Liverpool office with occasional travel to London and other regional offices.
• Demonstrable Project and Change Management skills and experience including:
o Full understanding of the project life cycle with proven front to back ownership of multiple projects.
o Experience of co-ordinating business analysis and UAT across multiple departments.
o Understanding of quality assurance within a project.
o Project or Programme Management disciplines and techniques such as Prince 2/Agile.
o Delivery of change into the business and into customers
• Perform regular formal progress and status reporting.
• Effective communication skills when dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation including the delivery of presentations to audiences of varied sizes.
• Ability to prioritise individual and project work load to ensure that key project milestones are achieved
• Management of all project risks and issues to ensure appropriate mitigations and actions are identified and managed to a successful closure
• Management of all project costs, in terms of forecast and actuals, to ensure that projects are delivered to the agreed budget
• Experience working in the Investment banking or Private Wealth Management businesses.
• Knowledge and experience of financial IT systems and solutions and leading/defining IT implementation projects and governance management.
• Knowledge of Clearing, Settlement, Securities and Unit trust processing.
• Formal project management such as Prince 2 or PMP.
• Skills in MS Project, MS Visio. MS Office, Quality Centre and Sharepoint would be advantageous.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60163
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1814347