Sr CIA - Network and Edge
Are you a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect and a subject-matter expert in AWS Network and/or Edge services? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new Network and Edge technologies? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy innovating? Do you find it rewarding to educate colleagues and customers? Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world? If so, AWS is looking for you!
Amazon aims to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS infrastructure architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as the Network/Edge expert to meet with customers and partners. This position is for a highly-technical subject-matter expert who can dive deep, work with customers, and collaborate with internal teams to design next generation Network and Edge-based architectures and new offerings.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with network concepts including IP routing, Internet peering, IPSec VPNs, DNS, SSL, and more. Additionally, the candidate should have hands-on experience with Edge-based tools in support of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), Web Application Firewalls (WAF), and/or DDoS mitigation. Customer-facing experience is required to demonstrate and explain solutions that have been implemented. Customer meetings may include work with developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives.
Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer. We are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• 10 or more years of IT implementation experience, including enterprise-scale networks and/or content offerings
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of infrastructure at scale into the cloud
• In-depth technical knowledge and hands-on implementation experience with Network services (transit and peering, routing, load balancing, VPNs, DNS) and/or Edge services (CDNs, DDoS mitigation, WAF security)
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Specific hands-on experience with AWS Network services (Transit Gateway, VPC architecture and configuration, VPNs, and load balancing) and/or AWS Edge services (Route53, Global Accelerator, CloudFront, WAF, Shield, and Lambda@Edge)
• Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
• Large-scale migration experience from data center to data center and/or data center to cloud
• Deep Network knowledge and experience with IP networking and routing, data center networks and network topologies, DNS, and security
• Deep Edge knowledge and experience with CDN providers, perimeter security solutions, and/or DDoS mitigation strategy and services
• Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef or Puppet
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must. The candidate has the ability to work effectively with customers as well as internal and external organizations and virtual teams