Sr Innovation Engineer
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Sr. Innovation Engineer to lead the application of the Amazon Robotics (AR) System and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) automation into our European Delivery Station Network.
The successful candidate will be a member of the European Amazon Logistics Central Engineering team and will be responsible to define, test, validate and implement various Robotics and Automation systems in the Delivery Stations network in EU region.
This role requires experienced Engineers with combined robotics, engineering, planning and analytical skills. This individual will own robotics and automation implementation projects end-to-end and will partner with Process Engineering teams, Operations leaders, Facilities and Engineering teams to effectively operate advanced robotics technology across Amazon's last mile network.
- Key partner to work closely with the AR Product teams and World Wide (WW) Engineering to drive customer (AMZL) requirements for implementing AR system in EU Delivery Stations network.
- Identify process paths to automate based on various factors; labor, cost, safety, performance, etc. working with Process Engineering and Operations partners
- Author business cases to introduce automation to the Delivery Stations network in EU to improve performance
- Define pilot criteria and success metrics to validate proof of concept and performance targets set initially
- Lead AR and MHE automation pilots in EU by measuring success criteria for meeting metrics for productivity, quality and safety.
- Collaboration with internal teams to provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets for new automation systems to understand integration impacts on existing processes and building design
- Support lessons learnt program for new robotics and automation system to understand improvements needed for next generation design iterations
- Work with design and controls teams to detail out integration plans for MHE automation
- Partner with simulation team for validating new ideas and concepts to automate manual process paths
- Part of core team with AR and WW Engineering teams to improve processes and layouts based on field performance data representing EU AMZL network
- Represent AMZL-EU in cross functional teams to work on future technologies; robotics, automation, IoT to seamlessly integrate those into the Delivery Station eco-system
- Part of core group for selection of critical sites in the network to receive automation based on set criteria
- Support commissioning of new AR and MHE automation installations in partnership with field teams
- Support development and implementation of Service and Maintenance concepts for AMZL Field teams BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent industrial background
- Proven Engineering experience in an automation, robotics or manufacturing environment
- Proven experience managing the full project lifecycle; from analysis and design to implementation
- Experience using AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain layout drawings
- Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Processes
- Business -fluent spoken and written English PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA
- Experience in PLC programming
- Experience with EAM Tools
- Proven problem solving and analytical experience
- Experience with complex projects in operations, processes, or performance improvement
- Experience supporting complex technical discussions with technical and non technical stakeholders
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues, drive improvements, and implement preventive measures
- Knowledge of at least one other EU language is advantageous (German, French, Italian or Spanish)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.