Sr Manager - Financial Crime
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of the role is to serve as the FCA SMF 17 Money Laundering Reporting Officer for T. Rowe Price International Limited ("TRPIL") and T. Rowe Price United Kingdom ("TRPUK"). Secondary responsibilities include building out the fraud and anti-bribery and corruption program ("AB&C") in Europe, the Middle East and Africa ("EMEA") and for serving as a key member of the Legal Sanctions Working Group. Principal Responsibilities
Serve as Money Laundering Reporting Officer for TRPIL and TRPUK, ensuring that the business conducted by these entities complies with relevant laws and regulations including:
- Overseeing the firm's compliance with the FCA's rules on systems and controls against money laundering
- Developing and enhancing policies and procedures for TRPIL and TRPUK to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering ("AML") legislations and regulations
- Acting as the point of escalation with transfer Agents for TRP Fund clients in connection to AML process and controls
- Reviewing, recommending, and leading improvements to AML controls
- Overseeing the framework and execution of processes within the KYC operations team
- Acting as the point of escalation for the KYC operations team
- Acting as the Nominated Officer for TRPIL and TRPUK for their interaction with the National Criminal Intelligence Service, including drafting reports of suspicious activity and submitting to regulators
- Ensuring regulatory reporting to the authorities is completed in a timely fashion
- Overseeing, for AML purposes delegates including the distributor network and transfer agent and internal global service units
- Producing board of directors and senior management reporting for TRPIL and TRPUK
- Compliance testing of the KYC process including periodically reviewing documentation for new and existing clients to ensure compliance with AML and other legal and regulatory requirements
- Conducting annual risk assessments for TRPIL and TRPUK
- Updating country risk assessments
- Providing consultative global AML compliance support
- Reviewing escalated alerts from the transaction monitoring system Including involved in the approval and acceptance of high-risk accounts such as PEP relationships
- Managing internal audit, regulatory and/ or law enforcement inspections for TRPIL and TRPUK
- Maintaining the TRPIL and TRPUK politically exposed persons registers
- Establishing and maintaining AML awareness and training for TRPIL and TRPUK
The associate will serve as the EMEA lead for the global anti-bribery and corruption ("AB&C") program. The individual will:
- Assist the AML leads globally in ensuring AB&C policies, procedures and training are current and relevant
- Lead the global AB&C risk assessment
- In partnership with other stakeholders, develop appropriate monitoring and reporting to the Head, Global Compliance, on the AB&C program
- Oversee the design, development, and delivery of AB&C related training
The associate will assist the Legal Sanctions Working Group ("LSWG") in ensuring that the business conducted within T. Rowe Price complies with applicable sanction regimes. The individual will:
- Assist the LSWG in ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are adopted to comply with applicable sanction programs
- Collaborate with the LSWG to develop and enhance guidance provided to Investment Personnel to ensure compliance with applicable sanctions regimes and providing training where necessary
- Be the lead associate within the LSWG keeping abreast of UK, EU and UN sanctions updates and how they affect T. Rowe Price
- Timely Review specific investment opportunities to protect TRP against breaching applicable sanctions
- Produce the agendas, minutes and action points for the LSWG meetings
- Respond to RFPs and client certification requests.
The associate will assist the Fraud team in ensuring that the business conducted within T. Rowe Price has adequate controls to prevent and detect fraud.The individual will:
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Assist the team in ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are adopted to prevent and detect fraud
- Collaborate with business units on fraud risk and the implementation of relevant controls.
- Creating/maintain a fraud risk assessment for TRPIL/TRPUK
- Produce the agendas, minutes and action points for Fraud meetings
- Respond to RFPs and client certification requests.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Experience with UK and EU AML and AB&C requirements.
- Experience with UK, OFAC and UN sanction regimes
- 10 years relevant industry experience
- Ideally a formal qualification in anti-financial crime such as ACAMS, ICA Diploma in Anti Money Laundering or diploma in financial crime
- In-depth knowledge of AML, AB&C and sanctions regulatory framework with direct relevant experience.
- Ability to build working relationships and interact successfully with a diverse group of internal and external contacts
- Working knowledge of AML, AB&C and sanctions compliance within the investment industry
- Ability to work under pressure and produce results without close supervision
- Ability to handle heavy workload under tight timeframes and prioritize appropriately
- Good verbal and written presentational skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills allied with creative thinking
- Project management capabilities
- Confidence at presenting at the board level
- Already holding a SMF17 role
- Familiarity with the AML, AB&C and sanctions regulatory and legal requirements of the other key jurisdictions.
- Experience in the asset management industry.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.