The EMEA Finance team aims to be a strategic partner and advisor in achieving Silicon Valley Bank’s overall mission to increase our clients probability of success, supporting all of the Management information (“MI”), business analysis, financial reporting, Financial Control, Treasury and Tax activity for the EMEA division of SVB. This will be done by delivering greater insights to support decision making and set strategy to protect our business and deliver smart growth.
Due to the exceptional growth experienced, Silicon Valley Bank is looking to hire a talented Treasurer with breadth and depth of experience in the function.The role will report to the CFO of the EMEA business, and have responsibility for all treasury management within the region including our UK and Germany offices, as well as supporting our ambitious expansion plans within Europe.
This leadership position will play a key role in the growth and scaling of our business, planning and building processes and stress capital, liquidity, cash and risk management plans and put the appropriate tools, processes and controls in place to support the requirements of an expanded business. The individual will be integral to the capital and liquidity planning, stress test and risk management strategies and discussions with the business leadership team and UK board.
The successful candidate will oversee and / or play a key role in:
• Capital, liquidity and recovery planning, including stress testing
• Risk Management- Market, Interest Rate, FX, Counterparty exposure, Treasury operations
• Day to day cash and liquidity management
• Capital allocation and returns management
• Definition and implementation of investment strategy and policy
• Support Regulatory reporting
• Involvement in Funds Transfer Pricing and liquidity product strategy and pricing
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement around Treasury policies, processes, systems, MI and controls (including SOX compliance) to optimize the banks resources
• Support risk appetite formulation, business decisions and strategic planning
• Manage, coach and develop the UK Treasury team (1 existing direct report who is an experienced Treasury Manager)
• Build and maintain strong relationships with US stakeholders and colleagues.
The individual may also undertake support strategic projects and all of this will mean engaging and working across a number of teams, at all levels, both within the UK and the US, where SVB is headquartered.
• Proven Treasury leader who has played a leadership role within a bank subsidiary and has some knowledge and experience across all of the traditional treasury activities
• Experience of building and running ICAAP and ILAAP processes specifically
• Strong commercial leadership skills with experience of operating around business management team and directly managing a finance or treasury team
• Curious with exceptional analytical skills with practical experience of developing and delivering a compelling vision around Treasury management and Treasury as a business partner
• Brilliant communication skills with an ability to influence, engage and explain to both senior and junior colleagues within the organization
• A good level of understanding of the UK commercial banking environment and product set and an ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products
• Able and open to work independently and contribute to multiple projects across a number of areas
• Relevant Treasury and/or Accountancy qualification or equivalent education