Sr Software Development Engineer
Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
Are you looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers? Do you want to be in the forefront of engineering big data solutions that takes Transportation models to the next generation? This might be the role for you!
We are looking for Senior Software Development Engineer (m/w/d) in Luxembourg to be part of our Transportation Business Intelligence team. Our software systems include services that handle peta-byte data volumes, integrate with a network of transportation services worldwide, and drive business decisions impacting millions of Amazon customers and billions of dollars a year. We have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, optimization techniques, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low latency, high availability services. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A Master degree or above in computer science, engineering or related field is required.
• 7+ years of programming experience in Java/Ruby/Python/C++, or other object-oriented languages.
• Strong computer science and software development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Experience of driving the architecture, engineering and software design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications or services.
• Experience in big data software systems (Hadoop/Spark/R/Streaming Analytics, etc.).
• Experience building and operating highly scalable and available services. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in real-time analytical systems and machine learning.
• Experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
• Balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• Constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
• Visionary leader, builder and operator.
Applications with English CV only please
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV, covering letter (both written in English) and certificates (school, university), stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.