Our client, a global media business, is looking for a Statutory Accountant to join their Finance team for the next 12 – 14 months. Supporting the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing the UK statutory accounts for a number of
entities, quarterly management reporting and project work. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recently qualified accountant looking for their first role out of practice. Description
- Preparation of the UK statutory accounts for all companies within the Group, including 6 operating companies.
- Management of the audit process for these entities.
- Preparation of the statutory long-range forecast for use in group impairment testing.
- Assisting the auditors with queries and liaising with the appropriate business contacts to ensure that necessary answers are provided.
- Calculation of adjustments required to convert accounts from US GAAP to UK GAAP.
- Recalculation of ultimate models and TV cost amortisation based on statutory revenue.
- Preparation of the tax calculations for all entities and responding to queries from the internal Tax team.
- Communication with the FP&A team regarding any errors found in the models.
- Perform a quarterly analytical review on the management balance sheet as part of the review process.
- Review of the balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the Management Accountant and Intern.
- Prepare the quarterly OPEX reviews for the production labels, with commentary explaining variances.
- Assist the Finance Manager with ad hoc projects.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button. Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.
- An accredited professional finance qualification (preferably ACA, ACCA or an international equivalent).
- Experience preparing statutory accounts for a large multicurrency organisation.
- SAP experience will be beneficial.
- UK & US GAAP experience will be beneficial.
- Previous exposure to complex company structures and business arrangements.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and work under pressure when required.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a proactive attitude towards work, coupled with the ability to use initiative and take ownership of all output.
- Demonstrable attention to detail with proven aptitude for accuracy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, alble to effectively interact across all areas of the business.
- TV, media and other relevant industry experience is preferable.