Strat Platform Engineering DevOps - VP level
The Strategic Analytics group delivers applications that solve quantitative problems. The group's key delivery, is to provide a step-change improvement in the quality of Risk and Profit and Loss analysis across many functions including Rates and Credit Trading, Treasury and the Transaction Bank. This is being achieved by providing best-in-class applications and libraries for both live trading as well as end-of-day analysis. It has been funded as a Core Change Initiative at the heart of the firm's Simplification Strategy.
You will be responsible for the tooling that underpins multiple aspects of the Strats projects including delivering Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) tools including Test Automation and Monitoring as well as Reference Data management and Grid compute orchestration. It also works with the Technology groups to provision hardware estate and Control functions to address Regulation and Policy adherence.
- Maintain high-performance applications deployed across multiple locations.
- Improve and expand support scripting including housekeeping, deployment, backups and improving platform monitoring and alerting.
- Own and improve development tools stack (Distributed Version Control, Test framework, Continuous Integration/ Deployment).
- Support development teams with infrastructure queries.
- Support the other developers in their use of the development tools and taking a share in the third line production support rota.
- Track record of developing within or supporting development for large applications running on Unix platforms.
- Programming skills in Python or Bash, C++ would be beneficial.
- Experience of a selection of Software Development Life Cycle tools (e.g. TeamCity and Bitbucket), infrastructure monitoring platforms (e.g. Geneos), database and caching technologies (e.g. MySQL or Redis), container solutions (e.g. Docker) and Linux (or Windows) system administration.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to communicate effectively between technical team and across multiple teams and functions.
- Able to multi-task different projects and prioritise against tight deadlines.