Strategic Credit Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 May 19
See job description for details
We're looking for a Strategic Credit Risk Manager to join us in London, Birmingham, Manchester or Edinburgh
- We're looking for a passionate and driven professional to join the newly created Strategic Credit Risk team
- If you have a strong external market, economic, finance and risk background this role could be ideal for you
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for providing proactive insights into trends, identification of issues, assessment of threats and opportunities across the Wholesale and Retail portfolios. As well as considering the impact of the economic outlook, external environment and market insights across RBS portfolios.
Key role requirements include:
- Providing the Head of Strategic Credit Risk Oversight with proactive insights into trends, identifying issues, and assessing threats and opportunities across the Wholesale and Retail portfolios
- Being externally focused - considering the impact of the economic outlook, external environment, regulatory developments and market insights across RBS portfolios
- Developing and maintaining long term internal and external relationships, collaborating to ensure delivery of credit risk objectives
- Supporting ad hoc requests from senior management team as required
- Contributing to executive papers, including Board Risk Committee reports, quarterly investor relations presentations and ratings agency briefings
- Challenging accepted practices and driving change, to ensure continuous improvement and capability enhancements
- Monitoring competitor developments and results, preparing analysis where required and considering credit risk impacts
- Analyse portfolio trends preparing ad hoc reviews as required
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong stakeholder skills, with a sound knowledge of credit risk regulatory requirements.
You'll also need:
- Experience in producing senior level reports, including interpreting and challenging credit risk and financial data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey issues and technical information to senior management
- An analytical and enquiring mind, with the ability to develop a range of options, in addition to communicating in an engaging and compelling manner
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.