Strategic Global Account Manager
Company & Team - "About Us"
IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Our 15,000 employees support 50,000 customers in 140 countries who rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges. We provide the tools and intelligence our customers need to successfully navigate complexity and achieve success across the enterprise. Our leading data, analytics and workflow solutions enhance business critical functions from portfolio management to reporting to regulatory compliance.
The Financial Services Account Management team at IHS Markit are responsible for building significant and long-term client relationships while also presenting market leading solutions to help our key customers achieve a competitive advantage in the markets and customers they serve. We are also responsible to help our customers achieve a unique customer experience so that we form an on-going partnership.
IHS Markit is looking for a consistently successful senior Account Manager. You will have sales and account management responsibility for top financial institutions. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining close alliances with senior client management personnel, offering recommendations through formal sales presentations and written proposals, and working with cross functional teams to negotiate and close product and solution-based engagements. You will be held accountable for net new growth of a large revenue stream. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Define and execute account sales plans for your territory and then meet and exceed sales targets through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities with named accounts.
- Develop and manage sales opportunities, prospect, and assess sales and simultaneously move multiple transactions through the sales pipeline
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in CRM
- Provide senior management with accurate forecast of the activity in your territory
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including sales specialist, product support and sales engineering teams
- Provide initial product demonstrations and general support to key customers
- Nurture and expand the company's relationship with top financial institutions
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, and wider market innovation
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers, and support staff
- Participate in team building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in institutional Financial Services and/or Technology sectors
- 15yrs+ working in sales/relationship management function, with proven track record of success
- Must possess a passion for the business and strong commercial focus
- A proven track record of over achievement selling complex solutions and non-tangible business value in competitive environment
- Ability to effectively position complex ideas and concepts through verbal and written communication
- Must be able to work well in a team environment with cross functional capabilities
- Ideal candidates will have key customer C-suite relationships
- Ideal candidates will be native English-speaking with additional major European-language fluency.
- Strong client opportunity landscape and broad product line
- Opportunity to partner with world-class experts in the field
- London (City) office-base, with hybrid working
- Annual incentive plan
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.