Structured Credit Analyst/Sr Analyst
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Department Overview:
Fitch's European Structured Finance team maintains existing ratings and assigns ratings to new structured finance transactions. Fitch currently rates Structured Finance transactions across four main asset classes: Asset Backed Securities, Residential Mortgage Backed Securities, Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities and Structured Credit. Fitch Ratings maintains surveillance on over 1,500 European structured finance transactions. The structured credit team assigns ratings to corporate loan securitisations including leveraged loan CLOs and SME CLOs. Job Description:
We are currently seeking an Analyst Level Credit Analyst to join the European Structured Credit Team. The successful candidate will be part of a team of analysts rating corporate loan securitisations including leveraged loan CLOs. The team analyses transactions in line with Fitch's rating criteria and provides high quality credit opinions to investors and other market participants The role encompasses:
- Implementing default, recovery and cash flow modelling;
- Reviewing transaction legal documents
- On-site review of underwriting and servicing of transaction originators and CLO managers;
- Preparing rating proposals for presentation to internal rating committees;
- Communicating rating rationale to investors and other market participants through presale reports and presentations and meetings;
- Communicating with transaction arrangers and originators to understand asset characteristics and structural features of the transactions;
- Assist in the development of criteria and supporting research;
Fitch Ratings supports its analysts with internal training through the Fitch Credit Academy. Analysts are expected to study Structured Finance modules, participate in internal training sessions and pass various assessments according to their level of experience. Fitch also requires analysts to participate in training on its policies and procedures. Person Specification:
- This is a demanding and exciting role so we are looking for highly motivated candidates.
- The successful candidate should some prior experience in finance.
- Candidates will be highly numerate and analytical, with advanced Excel skills.
- The role also involves analysis of legal transaction documents. While no legal background is required successful candidates should be able to review and analyse legal contracts from a credit risk perspective.
- A central element of the position is communicating your analysis, both internally and externally. Therefore candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Other European languages are desirable.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.