Structured Finance Originator - MMF
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
Structured Finance Originator - MMF
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The GLFI/NAT mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: Energy group, Metals & Mining finance group, Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and Infrastructure finance, as well as MARK/CTY joint venture.
GLFI/NAT/MMF is in charge of structured financing and advisory services for metals & minerals sector players as well as financing of large and diversified mining companies. GLFI/NAT/MMF acts as PCRU for companies in the mining and metals sector and is therefore also responsible for cross selling the wider banks products to these clients.
The London based MMF team has a regional specialisation on the EMEA region. However it is part of a global MMF CEMEA Team which, together with the MMF Paris team jointly originates, executes and monitors transactions the CEMEA region.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Deal Execution and deal management for transactions booked by the team
• Client relationships management and development with MMF targets in the CEMEA region
• Identifying and addressing clients' needs in terms of raising and managing capital
• Representing MMF in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base and to contribute to the MMF Global Franchise
Summary of Responsibilities
• implementation of the NAT and MMF strategy
• develop business by generating revenues out of the existing client base and by developing the client base
• develop advisory activities
• ensure implementation of regulatory and compliance rules
• develop distribution strategies for assets
Operational and Conduct Risk & Regulatory Responsibilities
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within my scope.
• Ensure compliance with policies, procedures within the business line.
• Ensure timely intervention when breaches occur and analysis of root causes to avoid repeated issues.
• Ensure that I take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to my business.
• Improving Conduct Risk framework and ensuring that actions deriving from conduct risk management information are taken forward
Cooperation with other departments
• Work in joint Deal Teams with MMF Paris and other MMF teams
• Regular dialogue with RISQ department on specific files and ongoing portfolio reviews
• Regular meetings with MO
• Regular dialogue with SEGL JUR and Compliance
• Business contacts with EXT, CTY, CORI, IFD, DCM, TCF, NRG, INF, ADV, IBFS, BDDF
Client coverage and marketing
• Responsibility for coverage over a certain number of names/geographies
• Origination of transactions and new clients
• Identification of business opportunities with existing and new clients
• Close monitoring of credit profile and risks, including when deals are in the book
Communication and Coordination
• Contribution to the development of the sector platform by way of effective communication and idea generation
• Demonstrate ability to work well with other members of the MMF platform
• Thorough understanding of the business, market, risks, sector developments as well as political environment in jurisdictions under responsibility.
• Frequent portfolio review and close monitoring of risks and change in environment and clients situations
• Identification of new trends and generation of new business ideas
• Embody Code of Conduct and behavioural competency
• Credit file review and sign off before the file is sent to management and/or RISQ
• Transaction check lists and review of MORSE files before entering into new transactions and on an ongoing basis for portfolio deals
• Execution of NDAs
Marketing & Client Development
• Responsible for managing client relationships and developing business opportunities
• Identifying and developing new clients
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• High level of autonomy, expected to originate and execute transactions with minimal management input.
• Can sign NDAs
• Can sign documents with a POA
• Understanding of the loan market, its dynamics and the related instruments, including credit and rates derivatives to propose relevant financing solutions, be able to structure and execute financing structures in order to meet client needs
• Capacity to generate pitch material that is clear, structured, compelling, and comprehensive in addressing clients' needs
• Responsibility – capacity to understand and manage risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for NAT, GLFI, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
• Strong understanding of the commodity markets, the factors affecting them on both the supply and demand side.
• Strong understanding of the mining industry dynamics, major and emerging players and outlook for the sector
• Client orientation – ability to build and maintain trusted client relationships in a lead role
• Client orientation – commercial acumen and persistence in addressing clients' needs
• Client orientation – demonstrate proactive approach to develop business adapted to clients' and markets' needs
• Innovation – ability to develop new client base, advisory, and products in line with SG Group priorities and strategies
• Team spirit – experience of working with people with diverse, international backgrounds and leading teams, where appropriate
• Commitment – ability to manage your own work and also junior staff, to ensure tasks are appropriately prioritised and competing deadlines are managed
• Communication skills – including language skills (as relevant); ability to deliver coherent messages to team members
BSc/BA level education from a leading university or business school
• English - Required
• French – Desirable
• Other – Useful
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.