Structured Finance Originator VP - Corporate and Investment Banking London
Description of the Business Line or Department
In the Energy Advisory and Project Finance team, we help our clients that are developing energy projects to finance them through lending or providing capital advisory services. As countries and clients around the world also navigate the energy transition, we provide advice and source appropriate forms of funding to help them develop their businesses.
For over 20 years, we have been at the forefront of project finance, advising and lending to multi-billion-dollar projects, and consistently recognised by our clients. We expect this to continue, with a number of large deals expected to close in the coming years. We are also focussed on the energy transition and are able to leverage our significant expertise due to our coverage in oil and gas combined with power and renewables.
The London and Paris teams operate as a single team and cover clients and projects across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. We also have teams globally in the US, Asia, and Australia. In providing our advice and funding, we collaborate with specialists across the range of energy subsectors in which project finance is utilised, including thermal, solar and wind power generation, LNG, oil and gas pipelines, petrochemicals, refining and fertilizers.
In addition to our core project finance advisory and lending business, we can support clients with a full spectrum of capital solutions through the wider Global Banking and Investor Services division drawing on colleagues experience in M&A, Equity Capital Markets, Private Placements, Debt Capital Markets, and Project Bonds. Key responsibilities
1. Senior support of all areas of execution from origination to close, of advisory and arranging transactions in compliance with the bank's risk appetite, guidelines and approvals;
2. Preparation and presentation of marketing materials, including coordination with other product areas;
3. Preparation of the credit analysis and relevant documentation for review by the bank's credit teams and management;
4. Management of transactions' due diligence;
5. Preparation of term sheets and negotiation of loan documentation, in accordance with policies and guidelines of the bank;
6. Support all aspects of the origination of new transactions and client interaction;
7. Promote the profile of SG in the Energy industry and support the role played by the team in the context of the energy transition; and
8. Perform all required training and undertake the role in accordance of the bank's regulatory requirements Profile Required Skills and Experience
1. Experience in a leading project finance team;
2. Strong credit and financial analysis skills;
3. Understanding and ability to supervise building complex financial models, based on past experience in financial modelling;
4. Demonstrable high levels of attention to detail, numeracy and accuracy;
5. Strong writing and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across different audiences;
6. Evidence of relevant deal execution experience;
7. Client orientation - ability to build and maintain trusted client relationships, proactivity and persistence in addressing clients' needs;
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a wider multicultural team. Why Join Us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Business Insight
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000LM5
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 07/12/2020
Date of publication: 21/10/2020
Structured Finance Originator VP
Permanent contract | London | Corporate and Investment Banking