- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Jan 19
Structured Products Lawyer # 118372
- Providing legal and regulatory advice to Credit Suisse's International Trading Solutions business and shared services functions in respect of the structuring and documentation of repackaging transactions and other securitized derivatives and, more generally, to assist Credit Suisse in conducting its activities in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and the firm's ethical standards, including the assessment of legal risks and advising Credit Suisse on regulatory developments.
- Exercising a challenge and control function in respect of Front Office and other areas (in particular as regards applicable Credit Suisse policies and standards) and inform relevant management on any issues, breaches and escalate any material risk (financial and/or reputational) to relevant management immediately.
- Proactively complying with and promoting Credit Suisse's Conduct and Ethics Standards at all times.
- Supporting regulatory initiatives relating to activities conducted by the firm, ranging from those that directly relate to the operation and infrastructure of the securitised derivatives markets to regulatory initiatives of a more general nature, such as MiFID.
- Collaborating with colleagues in other divisions/regions on common issues.
- Developing and maintaining working knowledge of CS products, documentation and market practice.
- Participating in General Counsel departmental initiatives (including internal projects).
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- University Degree in law.
- 3+ years' experience in structured finance as a lawyer at international law firms or an in-house lawyer at major international financial institutions.
- Knowledge of legal issues affecting repackaging and other structured finance.
- Understanding of financial services industry regulatory regime, standards and practices.
- Ability to identify and manage legal risks including contract negotiations across a number of different product lines, advising on new services, products and structures.
- Strong writing, analytical, research and communication skills and ability to multi-task, prioritise and complete tasks on time.
- Reliable, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy of work product.
- Proactive and willing to take ownership as appropriate.