Structured Products Middle Office/Trade Support Analyst/AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Dec 18
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing function in our Structured Products Middle Office. With new clients being on-boarded and volumes increasing, there is substantial scope for career development and progression in a role with constant variety.
Working in the varied, inclusive and collaborative environment of the Middle Office department, responsible for controlling and supporting a broad range of trading desks and products, you will gain exposure to the numerous functions supporting the structured products businesses, working with experienced and senior stakeholders in managing the associated risks to deliver the best outcomes for the business.
Middle Office is a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding and innovative area to work in, providing exposure to senior management and stakeholders all based in London. We are committed to building Middle Office in London as a best in class support and control function fit for the challenges of the future. The successful candidate will be supported to develop and build the key skillsets required of the modern Operations Professional in a flexible, diverse and inclusive environment in which ambitious and driven professionals will be challenged and supported to develop and grow. The
Insurance Middle Office Group supports the VA and Non-VA Reinsurance Trading Desks. The team provide first class product and process support for these challenging and dynamic business lines trading some of the most complex products in the bank. Insurance Middle Offices play a key role across a broad range of control and support functions partnering closely with Front Office stakeholders to grow and develop the business.
Middle Office roles within Nomura and Structured Products are broad in scope. There is a focus on building multiple skillsets across, Product, New Business Support and Control, Operational Risk Identification and Mitigation and Project Execution. In addition there would be participation on cross team and cross dept projects and iniatives
- Manage demand and prioritise efficiently to deliver on the commitments and responsibilities across the CTB and RTB agenda.
- Partner with the Front Office, Risk, Finance, MVG, IT and Operations teams to ensure our policies and controls are implemented and managed across the structured products businesses.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the range of Bespoke and Structured Products Traded and their specific control and support requirements
- Understand, maintain and enhance processes utilising your knowledge of the product and transaction lifecycle. Partner with Front Office and other control functions to build and develop control and governance frameworks for bespoke and developing business lines
- Build and own key relationships with FO and other stakeholders to support and control business innovation and growth by participating and contributing in stakeholder governance forums.
- Build, strengthen and influence relationships across functions and internal Middle Office teams both onshore and offshore to create consensus and improve collaboration.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- You will have a strong knowledge and experience of Structured Derivatives in a particular asset class and the ability to understand complex financial products and structures, exposure to life insurance products is beneficial.
- Experience in a middle office environment, or equivalent control function.
- Have a deep understanding of investment bank products and processes with a track record of process improvement and development
- Have the ability to balance demand, thinking holistically around process change.
- Be a strong communicator, be able to build relationships and challenge stakeholders appropriately.
- Demonstrate agility and a willingness to adapt to and respond positively to changing trends and agendas
- Demonstrate an ability to lead and inspire across your peers and directs.