Our Client an Established International Commodity Trading House is seeking a strong Analytical and Quantitative candidate to joining their expanding Structured Trade Finance team based in their Central London Office. The Company focused on the merchanting of non-ferrous, ferrous and precious metals, as well as related concentrates and raw materials are one of the leading market specialists in the trading of all forms of refined metals and raw materials around the globe.
The Company enters into long term commodity off-take agreements with counterparts and provides them with structured trade finance solutions such as prepayments, pre-export finance, working capital facilities, and strategic partnership investments.
The Structured Trade Finance (STF) team is responsible for the assessment, negotiation, execution, risk mitigation, and funding of STF transactions. The team also contributes to expanding their relationship with financial institutions including establishing dedicated banking lines and supporting the renewal of corporate syndicated credit facilities. The goal of the STF function is to secure long-term volumes for the physical trading desks and to deepen relationships with strategic suppliers.
The Analyst position enables strong candidates to become immersed in the strategic direction of a leading commodities trading house.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in capital markets, M&A, or corporate lending in order to perform two main roles:
(1) financial and credit analysis on STF commercial counterparties, and
(2) existing STF deal portfolio management.
A successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to analyze and explain complex financial data, along with a high level of intellectual curiosity. This is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, so excellent communications skills are essential, as is a high willingness to work hard and results oriented mindset.
- Performing fundamental financial analysis commercial counterparties for STF deals, including historical financial statements, cash flow projections, deal structure analysis, and identification of key risks and mitigants;
- Due diligence investigations for prospective transactions, including financial statements, loan documentation, legal / tax review, and Q&A with external parties
- Preparing STF deal memoranda to present opportunities to senior management for approval;
- Preparing presentations (marketing pitchbooks, term sheets, and deal performance reviews) for internal and external audiences
- Maintaining financial models and other spreadsheets to monitor the performance of existing deals, including contractual performance, covenant compliance, and counterparty financial statements
- Maintaining departmental reports, including new deal pipeline, funding, and other strategic initiatives
- Develop working relationships and interact with key internal groups including Trading Desks, Treasury, Technical Team, Legal, and Credit personnel based around the world in Switzerland, the UK, the US, Africa, and Asia
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in capital markets, credit analysis, M&A, and/or transaction advisory (at a leading audit firm)
- Experience in the commodity trading and/or natural resources sectors is a plus
- Exceptional expertise in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and ability to synthesize information
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and results-oriented – we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with professional attitude and ability work with people at all levels