- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 11 Jun 18 2018-06-11
In this role you will manage supplier relationships and utilise specialist skills from other areas to establish, maintain and operate both initial due diligence on, and on going management of, all critical suppliers to Jupiter in accordance with the corporate Supplier Policy and Guidelines.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Establish and maintain relationships with allocated critical suppliers, being those suppliers where failure to properly provide a product or service would immediately and materially impact clients or the continuing operations, reputation or profitability of Jupiter and/or a fund managed by Jupiter. Typically these would be, but are not limited to, funds suppliers such as custodians, fund administrators and transfer agents.
• For each allocated supplier, as part of selection / appointment, contribute to the formal and documented ongoing due diligence process covering, but not limited to:
- Contractual agreement reviews
- Commercial reviews
- Maintenance of Service Level Agreements
- Operational risk assessment
- Implementation/maintenance of oversight programme
• In accordance with the agreed Supplier Policy and Guidelines, for each prospective critical supplier, as part of selection / appointment, ensure that the supplier is the subject of a formal and documented initial due diligence process that includes an appropriate range of technical, commercial and service assessments.
• Conduct ongoing due diligence over and management of each critical supplier, building and maintaining strong working relationships both with the supplier and with all relevant internal Jupiter teams.
• Strong experience of the collective investments industry;
• Strong experience of the management of suppliers and of commercial and technical negotiations;
• Knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory landscape;
• Good understanding of risk management in relation to outsourced services
• Good numeracy / fee modelling skills
• Experience of co-ordinating holistic supplier due diligence including reviews of BCM, IT security, exit plans and control reports
• Experience of supplier categorisation and running a governance framework which is appropriate to each category
• Flexible and team oriented;
• Strong analytical and decision making skills;
• Organised, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
• Experienced in developing constructive internal and external relationships;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Proactive, self-motivated with a creative and practical approach to problem solving
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter is a focused, active fund manager with a well-known brand and an established track record. Founded in 1985 as a specialist boutique, Jupiter has become one of the UK’s most respected and successful fund management groups.
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs) but also for institutional clients, through separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a sustained period of growth with offices now open in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Stockholm, Italy, Spain, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Our main offices are based in the heart of London’s Victoria, and only a short walk from St James Park and Buckingham Palace. We currently employ around 500 staff.