Surveillance Analyst (Mandarin language capability)
- Up to £52k
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
A Market Surveillance Analyst with mandarin language capability, and experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally within an Investment Bank / Broker Dealer. You will ideally have CFA Level 1 or equivalent, and prior experience of market surveillance.
The Market Conduct Surveillance desk carries out the essential role of monitoring market conduct across Global Markets.
An in-house developed surveillance system provides automated alert capabilities across a number of key market abuse scenarios for review by the team who escalate any unusual or suspicious behaviour to the Head of Market Conduct Surveillance. In parallel to the automated surveillance, the desk also carries out a manual monitoring programme which includes communications monitoring and larger data surveillance across all traded asset classes.
Analysts work closely with Compliance IT to assist development and maintenance of the automated monitoring system. This ensures the continued innovative enhancement of the system to meet new regulatory requirements, changes in business strategy and emerging market conduct risks.
In addition to day to day monitoring, the team are tasked with all aspects of Market Conduct Compliance including forensic investigations of suspicious behaviour, development of the firm’s Market Conduct training both online and face to face, Policy and Procedure drafting, data collation in response to regulatory/exchange enquiries and Market Conduct risk assessments which drive the monitoring plan throughout the year.
• To identify and report to the Head of Market Conduct Surveillance, potential market misconduct or suspicious transactions highlighted during automated and manual surveillance across all traded asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, FX/Rates, Commodities (Base, Precious, Energy).
• To conduct communications surveillance in line with documented procedures to review market conduct and potential conflicts of interest.
• To assist with drafting and maintenance of procedures relating to the Market Conduct Surveillance.
• To assist with development and change management of the Automated FCS/Manual monitoring programmes.
• To assist with regulatory enquiries and investigations relating to Market Conduct.
• To carry out periodic desk reviews and draft reports detailing findings and recommendations.
• To assist with the implementation of remedial actions relating to Market Conduct issues identified by external parties.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Investigation and escalation of unusual/suspicious alerts within automated and manual surveillance.
• Maintain complete and accurate records of investigations and outcomes.
• Ensure that day to day working procedures are up to date and reflect current and effectual monitoring practices.
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge and understanding of market/financial affairs and Market Conduct rules/regulation.
• Documenting, Testing and Evaluation of new system requirements and change requests.
• Provide support to Market Conduct Surveillance management on ad-hoc projects which require reactive response such as regulatory or exchange enquiries.
• Provide support to respond to internal reviews such as Internal Audit Compliance Monitoring.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Mandarin Speaker
• CFA Level 1 upwards
• Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally within an Investment Bank/Broker Dealer.
• Prior experience of market surveillance.
Knowledge, technical skills or expertise required to successfully perform this role – (E) for Essential and (D) for Desirable:
• Understanding of Financial Instruments and Regulated Markets (E)
• Understanding of Commodity products and experience in Commodity market abuse monitoring (D)
• Understanding of Investment Banking/Primary Markets transactions (D)
• Understanding of FCA rules and regulations or equivalent (E)
• Knowledge of FCA Market Conduct rules (E)
• IT skills including med-high level Microsoft Excel (E)
• Drafting skills – ability to draft to a high standard. (E)
Salary: Up to £52k
Applications for this post must be received by 10/11/2017