A new role to drive forward Aviva Investor's Responsible Property Investment (RPI) agenda across the entire real estate portfolio. The role requires expert understanding of the real estate investment cycle and the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and procedures within it. Aviva Investors (AI) aims to be 'the Landlord of Choice'.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 02 Aug 18
Sustainable Real Estate Manager - London
A new role to drive forward Aviva Investor's Responsible Property Investment (RPI) agenda across the entire real estate portfolio. The role requires expert understanding of the real estate investment cycle and the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and procedures within it. Aviva Investors (AI) aims to be 'the Landlord of Choice' and as such developing strong relationships and encouraging an ESG Culture with internal and external stakeholders is a vital requirement of the role.
- To renew AI's long-term ESG Objectives, developing a comprehensive strategy to ensure targets are met through the robust and efficient integration of ESG policies and processes.
- To Chair the Responsible Property Investment Committee and lead the RPI agenda for the AIRE business providing leadership and guidance across the team.
- Act as principle AIRE representative internally on the Responsible Investment Officers network, active participation in AI wide initiatives, sharing our best practice, learning how other asset classes incorporate ESG into their investment processes and looking for ways to implement learning into AIRE.
- As Chair of AIRE's Sustainability Charter you will work with Asset Services and managing agents to actively promote all relevant environmental initiatives.
- Develop relationships with customers and deliver initiatives to improve asset quality and wellbeing to ensure our ESG services help drive us to become their 'Landlord of Choice'.
- Managing our key external relationships with consultants on ESG issues, in particular third party managing agents, ensuring compliance with relevant environmental legislation, setting and reviewing appropriate performance targets.
- To be our primary external facing expert in the ESG area by representing AIRE on industry bodies (such as the Better Buildings Partnership) and events.
- Take primary day to day responsibility for complying with all ESG regulation, such as the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme and Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards.
- Oversee the procurement of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) in accordance with legislative requirements, maintain a suitable record for ongoing monitoring and future reporting across the portfolio. Assist the asset management team in developing strategies to improve EPC ratings where non- compliant and help develop strategies to ensure assets are future proofed through their business plans.
- Work with Sales and Client Relationship Management teams to develop high quality reporting to new and existing clients, coordinating responses to Requests for Information.
- Working with the Fund Management Team to ensure ESG is integrated at a portfolio levels.
- Work with the Research Team to create thought leadership pieces in ESG.
- Embrace the Social component of the role across the portfolio and consider how we are positioned to drive this forward - particularly in our core cluster markets
- Create an annual external RPI report for the entire RE portfolio as well as contributing to the wider Real Assets and AI annual reports.
- To build a library of case studies of integration of ESG factors into investment decisions and outcomes that can be used in a variety of reports and marketing documentation.
- High level reporting including client reporting v KPI targets, asset performance and Risk Management.
- Coordinate the portfolio responses to surveys and benchmarks, such as the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark, UNEP PRI and INREV.
- As well as maintaining and increasing own expertise in ESG real estate issues, you will ensure you help 'upskill' the rest of the team by providing CPD and inviting experts to present on integral ESG issues.
- Promoting and marketing the "Aviva community" within the Aviva estate/assets
- Acute focus on ESG data management, availability and accuracy, compliance and confidentiality, contractor databases and detailed records, setting minimum data quality standards and the collection of Market data, analysis and benchmarking - to measure true performance.
- Reviewing current and future technologies and the feasibility of adoption across the portfolio to benefit our Customers with improved ESG performance and reduced costs.
- Expertise in ESG relating to commercial real estate investment and management.
- Proven experience having worked with an "external focus".
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a proactive long-term approach - high level of planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrable experience of driving forward a different approach and culture both internally and/or with service providers.
- Relevant experience with Digitisation and smart Tech landscape.
- Experienced user of Excel / Outlook /Word and PowerPoint -with an emphasis upon data analytics and meaningful insight. Data focussed and ability to analyse data to highlight true performance
- Experience of reporting to Senior Management on performance metrics and achievements. Be the voice of the business in panels and industry forums
- Ability to project manage across the business platforms and work closely with the wider Real Asset business.
- Business and Property Risk Management understanding in line with business matrix.
- To be an ambassador for Aviva Investors in all we do, but with a particular focus on ESG.
- Experience of working with external service providers and managing agents
- Experience of developing a responsible property investment strategy