About Brickendon Consulting
Brickendon is a rapidly growing innovative management & technology consultancy providing solutions to Global Banks and Asset Managers based in London and now New York. We are 6 years old and have grown from 2 over 100 people in 7 years of operation with a view to double in size over the next 2 years.
We have five core practices covering Strategy, Data, Risk, Regulatory, Quality and Digital and provide solutions via 3 types of services…...ADVISE CHANGE DO. Do is our delivery offering.
Innovation encompasses everything we do through our R&D and Knowledge Leadership functions. Our consultants, who are experts with 10+ years of domain specific expertise, both deliver projects and provide new solutions to the challenges our clients face.
Overview of initial assignment:
Brickendon Consulting have been engaged to access processes and controls and to map Swap Dealer rules for our clients.
The successful candidate will join as a Managing Consultant within our Risk and Regulatory Practice and work as part of a Brickendon’s team to deliver regulatory projects, drive practice thought leadership and engagements with our clients.
An overview of sample responsibilities:
- Advising clients on development best practice
- Thought leadership within our Risk and Regulatory practice
- Sharing knowledge within our Risk and Regulatory Practice development teams.
- Review and design consistent controls across businesses to ensure compliance with the Swap Dealer requirements (including Dodd Frank, EMIR and other similar regional requirements in Asia or other regions);
- Responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of these controls and ensure sustainability;
- Develop, maintain and report on key metrics, risk and control indicators, triggers, breaches, trends to monitor the effectiveness of these controls and management reporting;
- Prepare process flows and operating procedures;
- Work with members or delegates of the Swap Dealer Governing Body Committee and sub-committee;
- Build strong internal relationships with Front Office Businesses to strengthen control awareness;
- Interact with Internal Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives and investigate on control failures;
- Interact with Regulators when needed and support specific exams related to Swap Dealer Rules and similar requirements.
The Managing Consultant will possess the following skills and experience;
- Business understanding of the Swap Dealers rules (Dodd Frank, EMIR and other related countries requirements in Asia or other regions);
- Global mindset, with understanding of products and services, trading solutions and key control-related themes in the capital markets sector;
- Intermediate level experience in designing and/or assessing controls for Front Office, Middle Office or Back Office, and in delivering change-related projects;
- Strong influence management negotiation and relationship skills;
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with a proactive approach;
- Strong financial, analytical and strategic planning skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external management;