Hiscox are looking for a skilled Syndicate Accountant to be our next Syndicate Reporting Manager. If you have a few years experience in a role like this, click now to apply!
Syndicate Reporting Manager
London or Colchester based with home working (2-3days per week)
Competitive base salary and package
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Syndicate Accountant or Syndicate Reporting Manager to join a great team of 23 based in both our London and Colchester offices.
As our Syndicate Reporting Manager you'll be on point for managing the production of the external Lloyds reporting for the 3 managed Lloyd's syndicates.
Managing and coaching a high performing team of accountants and account assistants, you will work closely with multiple teams such as actuarial, underwriting, claims, group finance, treasury and investments. You'll have face time with some senior stakeholders so your communication skills will be sharp.
What you'll be doing in the role
- You'll anage all aspects of the production of Lloyds regulatory returns (QMA, QMB, US and CAD Trust reporting, TPD, GQD, F&P, TRIA, BEAT, SIS) for the three managed syndicates, ensuring all external deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Manage the production of the annual syndicate accounts, both on an annual basis and the underwriting year accounts
- You'll work closely with the Head of Reporting in managing the quarterly and yearly close process ensuing all external deadlines to Lloyds are met.
- Working closely with the Finance Operations Manager, ensure sign-off of all key Balance sheet financial reconciliations is completed, prior to using the syndicate Trial Balances for external reporting.
- Alongside the Head of Reporting, become an SME (subject matter expert) for any projects relating to syndicate reporting such as the Finance Transformation Project and other group wide projects.
- Working closely with the Head of Reporting, build a controlled and sustainable reporting framework post the implementation of Oracle, which meets the syndicates' reporting needs in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Manage the relationship with the auditors ensuing audit queries are answered and closed off in a timely manner.
Our must haves
- Experience in a Syndicate Accounting role
- Skilled in Lloyd's reporting
- Can maintain excellent attention to detail on completion of syndicate returns.
- Be a qualified accountant or by experience
- Experience of general ledger processes.
- Excellent people management skills, especially of high performing teams.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel.
- Confident communicator who builds good relationships across the business.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive base salary.
- 10% pension contribution.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Excellent range of benefits to include private medical, dental, share save scheme, gym membership contributions.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.