Synergy Business Analyst, VP
Synergy Business Analyst - VP
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a BA who will work with GlobalLink stakeholders to define detailed solution design and business requirements within the GlobalLink GFS Product team. You will need to interact with the GlobalLink business, individual product team SMEs, development, quality assurance, external clients and core corporate functions on a daily basis.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Why you will be responsible for:
As the Synergy Business Analyst you will:
- Work with GlobalLink product managers, business SMEs, clients and other stakeholders to create detailed business requirements and define functional requirements including constructing data models, workflow charts, report specifications, diagrams and screen mockups.
- Work closely with the development and QA teams to ensure requirements are clear to all parties.
- Documentation of critical information shared during strategy, design, development, and release meetings.
- Administration of system documentation including product development schedules, release schedules, bug tracking, etc.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating internal and external release notes as well as internal training and process materials.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with many different team members across the business and technology areas.
- Facilitate and perform reviews of the product to ensure key business needs are sufficiently met and that there is consistency in the UI design across the platform.
- Ensuring that when features are delivered they meet the requirements.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Direct experience in the electronic trading of financial instruments, including but not limited to FX, Money Markets, Futures or Equities
- Experience with big data systems
- Extensive business analysis, project management or product management experience
- Advanced skills with MS Office suite (including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge and understanding of trading API protocols including FIX and experience in implementing API-based solutions
- Experience with MiFID II regulatory requirements a plus
Education & Preferred Qualifications: • Degree qualified or equivalent
About State Street What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.