Synthetic Product Engineer - Equities Technology
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHATE WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
The Synthetic Product engineering team is building Coloma, a next-generation trade processor for equity swap trades. Coloma will increase capacity and allow for more complex trades, a crucial contribution to the firm's ability to on-board additional quant clients and grow revenue. Coloma will replace the existing software for contract and lot management of equity swaps. Lot balances will be stored in a relational database, instead of an object-oriented database, allowing for streamlined sorting, amending, and general processing. The core of Coloma is implemented in Python, with additional tooling implemented in Slang, the firm's domain-specific language for financial applications. Our strategic intent is to establish a model for future upgrades of trading systems covering other product types.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participate in architecting and coding the core Python and Slang codebase of Coloma
- Participate in connecting Coloma to upstream/downstream trading and reporting systems by working with the respective teams on APIs, infrastructure, and user interfaces
- Evaluate status quo processes and develop ways in which Coloma can be used to simplify and further automate the workflows in Trading and Operations
- Emphasize strategic over tactical solutions, insist on code with structure and no redundancy
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Significant contributions to the codebase of successful software applications (e.g. 30,000+ lines of original code)
- Professional experience in Python and at least one other programming language
- Strong expertise in relational databases, SQL, and connectors such as Python's SQLAlchemy
- Expertise in developing software test beds
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.