System Dynamics Modeller
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 14 Sep 18 2018-09-14
LBG is the UK's leading digital bank, with over 11 million active online customers across our three main brands, as well as the UK's biggest mobile bank. LBG places Digital at the heart of the bank's strategy.
With the Group's promise to Help Britain Prosper, we're undertaking a three year programme to invest £3 billion in Digital Transformation. Our customers expect more from us and a part of that is getting the basics right by providing creative, logical solutions online to make their lives much simpler. 69% of the Group's Retail, Consumer Finance and Insurance products are now met Digitally. It's where our customers are choosing to be, and naturally it's a huge focus area for the bank.
We're currently seeking an experienced System Dynamics Modeller to join our London based team. You'll help create a scientific way to assess the complexity in our service systems, enabling assessment of the consequences of our design decisions and or potentially optimum system level interventions. As part of the System Dynamics Practice you'll be part of a small team of modellers, the role will involve study of Customer end to end journeys and large transformation change programmes to build System Dynamics models to improve our customer outcomes and find opportunities for change transformation.
You'll be responsible for:
* Engaging with key partners and Subject Matter experts to Understand the System under study.
* Developing Causal loop diagrams including mental models, intended and unintended consequences.
* Designing, Building & Testing System Dynamics models for E2E customer journeys and transformation programmes.
* Assuming responsibility for the model including data requirements planning, data collection, model calibration and analysis.
* Performing hypotheses tests using the model to generate insight & produce reports
* Sharing insight with key stakeholders to gain buy in for further test & learn and implementation of new change initiatives.
You'll need to have the following skills and experience:
* 3 to 5 years of meaningful work experience as System Dynamics Modeller
* Familiarity with System Dynamics modelling and System Dynamics software (Ventana Vensim preferred)
* Knowledge and experience of Financial/Customer Services desired but not essential.
* Expert data analysis and manipulation, excel, databases. - Strong track record of business analysis - Experience with Tableau or similar analytics tools for reporting.
* Confident user of Excel (Advanced Formulas, Data Connections/Queries, PivotTables), Access, Visio, MS Project etc.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and across different audiences.
* Good self-management skills, including ability to escalate issues in a timely manner and work to deadlines.
* Experience of working within a large project that has a high degree of complexity and a large number of internal (within risk) and external (across Group or third parties) partners.
* Balance of strong critical thinking and analytical capability, together with a creative mindset.
As part of a multi-disciplinary Design team, you'll have opportunity to improve your experience and skills. The role will require essential travel to our key locations across the UK. A Qualification in System Dynamics, engineering/economics/statistics is preferred but not essential.
In addition to a well-funded and high profile role you'll enjoy a diverse, energizing and informal environment that focuses on real career progression opportunities. We'll also give you a comprehensive package that includes:
* Performance bonus
* Generous pension
* A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
* Private health cover
* Share schemes
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you looking to work for one of the largest Financial Services organisations in the UK?
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're committed to the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We're proud of the industry recognition we have received, including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible. Being a part of Lloyds Banking Group offers opportunity for progression and development. If you have the skills, knowledge and drive we're looking then we'd love to hear from you.