Exciting new opportunity for a tier 1 bank to join a very successful cross asset systematic market making team. Our client are ideally looking for an experienced alpha/signal generator with a successful track record building trading strategies.
Systematic Market Making Quant Trader - VP/ED level
This team is a cross-asset systematic market making group covering FX, commodities, interest rates, and credit. As an automated trading business, they manage both the financial and operational risks of the business. They are looking for a trader with good programming skills in London with a focus on FX to manage both the spot and forward eTrading books. The principal focus of the role is running the business and working on enhancements to their trading and risk-management, with additional focus on developing the client franchise in the region in partnership with Sales.
- Risk-managing the electronic FX franchise in the EMEA timezone, working as part of a global team that manages the book 24hr/day, 5.5 days/week.
- Ownership and management of the operational risks inherent in this business.
- Close collaboration with voice trading.
- Client franchise analysis and optimization.
- Analysis of their pricing and hedging including analysis of large data sets to drive strategic improvements to our electronic trading.
- Work productively with people outside the electronic trading business, e.g. other traders, sales engineers, compliance etc.
- Understand the regulatory and supervisory environment and demonstrate ownership of their obligations and responsibilities under this.
- Track record of handling appropriately situations involving live risk, whether market risk or operational risk.
- Proven ability to analyze data and draw useful commercial conclusions.
- Understanding of client needs and how they can meet them through an electronic trading offering.
- Understanding and management of operational risks including identifying and remediating such risks.
- Track record of learning new skills and adapting to new technologies.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively within the team and with other parts of the firm, e.g. voice trading, other technology teams and functions like economic research which have varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated understanding of and engineering of a safe operating environment, particularly regarding the control environment around electronic trading.