A rapidly-growing Brokerage firm in London are hiring a Systems Accountant for their wider Finance team. This is an exciting period for the company and a newly-created role for an experienced Systems Accountant.
- Implement Finance improvement projects: Overview on all Finance IT projects with a view to "joined up" development within the IT roadmap.
- Lead specific strategic Finance projects for improvement as IT resources made available, test developed changes, and provide feedback to IT and Finance.
- Project scope includes, but is not limited to: Process improvement, regulatory requirements, maintenance of existing data structures and flows, improvement of existing data structures and flows.
- Process change: Provide tactical change support as needed to existing finance process.
- Finance systems: In conjunction with IT, provide administration and maintenance of current General Ledger system, regulatory reporting systems, reconciliation systems, and spreadsheets.
- Business intelligence: Assist in development of business intelligence reports and analysis with a view to business efficiency and profitability.
- Proactively lead projects to improve Finance systems, processes and control framework.
- Reduce use of spreadsheets and/or manual manipulations of data (view to STP solutions).
- Develop Bl capability and profitability views for improved business performance.
- Responsible for Finance systems, and data and data flows between trading platforms, databases and General Ledger.
- Assist Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with preparation of financial information.
- Approve cash payments as required.
- Assist Finance team with ad hoc tasks as required.
The ideal candidate will be working as a Systems Accountant within a Financial Services firm at present and looking for an exciting new opportunity.