EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Systems Administrator Senior
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 25 Apr 18
This is a newly created hands on support role for our new data centers. The 3 areas of coverage include Windows Hardware/OS, VM Ware and Cloud Infrastructure.
Strong Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012 Operating Systems Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of Windows operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Troubleshooting Windows Server issues by providing detailed written root cause analysis and action plans for permanent resolution.
- Must have the ability to analyze server crash dumps to determine root cause analysis.
- Must be able to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Must be able to monitor usage and performance
- Must be able to troubleshoot server, software and hardware issues
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
- Must be able to propose and implement systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Must be able to install and maintain software
- Must have extensive knowledge of SAN storage and be able to present storage to Windows OS
- Work with Information Security to define and ensure platform security
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment
- Must have extensive knowledge of IIS, and the ability to complete code deployments
- Maintain Server Infrastructure and ensure high availability:
- Experience in Large enterprise windows infrastructures 1000+ servers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft clustering
- Other related duties assigned as needed
- Must have knowledge and experience in VMWare and virtual infrastructures
- Must be able to troubleshoot VMware-ESX related incidents
- Must be able to Patch and maintain ESX host servers
- Must have extensive knowledge of SAN storage and be able to present storage to ESX hosts
- Must have knowledge and experience in Converged and Hyper-Converged infrastructures including Nutanix
- Must have knowledge and experience in Azure and AWS infrastructures
- General network management/configuration and knowledge of TCP/IP
- General knowledge of network monitoring tools
- Develop automation to assist in day to day operations through orchestration and or scripting
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Development and tool creation
- Development of self-service portals
- Development in VBScript, SQL & PowerShell SQL Reporting Services
- Design endpoint platforms and solutions
- Must have Dell and HP ProLiant (DL/ML/BL) servers, enclosures, and/or Cisco UCS blade server experience
- Including support and troubleshooting of hardware issues and providing hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Must be able to troubleshoot converged and hyper-converged infrastructure related incidents
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office including Excel, Visio and Project experience
- Design and deliver a consistent user experience to all clients.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends to support 24x7 environment
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, vendors, and clients
- Must have the flexibility to adapt to new technologies and perform all other work as required
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.