The firm's portfolio management teams engage in a diverse set of investment strategies spanning all asset classes, products and geographies. We are seeking front office trading engineer to build tactical tools as well as maintain and support our business applications, models and trade flows within the front office technology team. This is an excellent opportunity to move into the hedge fund space. You will gain insight and training from senior developers, with progression into systems development and quant analyst related roles.
· Assisting with support for various front office trading systems, interfacing directly with the development team, with some exposure to Traders and Portfolio managers.
· Rapidly respond to the business needs and ensure the availability of key front office systems
· Maintaining source code (C# and Python) and understanding potential issues
· Build critical knowledge, both business and technology, about the applications supported
· Build tools / utilities to improve applications supported
· Learn how to troubleshoot and problem solve production issues
· Communicate with, and provide feedback to, the software development team in order to push forward improvements
· Document and maintain application user / support guides
· Assist with the creation, maintenance and execution of front office run books, new user on-boarding, issue tracking and functional testing
· 2-4 yrs of experience building and supporting financial applications
· Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics
· General knowledge of financial markets
· Technical Skills:
· Experience with programming languages such as Python, C#, C++
· Experience with SQL and relational databases
· Basic Excel knowledge
· Excellent communication skills
· Interest in financial markets
· Interest in learning software development and best practices
· Keen and enthusiastic.