We're looking for a skilled Linux engineer to join one of the worlds leading proprietary trading firms based in London. This systems infrastructure team builds and maintains the distributed computer clusters, data storage, operating systems and software that allow research and trading strategies to run worldwide.
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable on a command line and are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities are broad and include hardware and software installation and configuration, remote administration, monitoring, new hardware and software testing, automation and tool development, and performance tuning.
- Demonstrated ability to install, configure, and generally troubleshoot Linux
- Comfortable using Linux/UNIX command line tools
- Shell scripting or Python scripting experience, especially to help automate repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail needed to manage and debug production services
- Strong communication
- Able to context switch to work on several projects at once
- Experience and knowledge of Debian/Ubuntu is a plus
- Manage and optimize large scale distributed compute/HPC clusters
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Operating system installation and upgrading
- Performance testing and tuning
- Scripting to automate repetitive tasks