TMT Focused Equity Research Analyst – 2 yr Graduate Programme (incl CFA Training)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Arete Research
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
We are looking for talented, highly motivated and hardworking individuals to join our two-year graduate training programme. You need to have a passion for technology, innate curiosity and a desire to work in an unconventional work environment. We will provide on the job equity research training working alongside experienced senior analysts, while offering support for taking the CFA Program in parallel.
We are leaders in our field, pride ourselves on the integrity, excellence and independence of thinking, and engage deeply with many of the world’s top institutional investors and hedge funds. We founded the business over 17 years ago to avoid the crippling conflicts of interest and other institutional limits on investment bank and industry research. We pioneered the field of independent equity research, and have one of the largest teams of experienced and specialised global TMT research professionals, with deep industry knowledge, investment perspectives spanning 20+ years, and unrivalled contact networks.
Our graduate training programme for 2018
We are looking for talented, highly motivated and hardworking individuals to join our two-year graduate training programme starting in September 2018. Creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility are a must; ours is not a typical corporate work environment.
We plan to hire up to four individuals to join our firm. Successful candidates will embark on a graduate training programme comprising:
- Arete analyst training. You will take part to regular in-house training workshops under the supervision of senior equity analysts aimed at helping you understand how to generate qualitative insights and master practical valuation and stock picking skills;
- Join one of Arete’s sector teams: Internet, Software, Semiconductors, Telecoms/Media. Working alongside talented and experienced analysts, your role will involve developing deep knowledge of the tech industry and its trends, building an industry network, analysing financials, building models, and helping to write research reports; and
- Work towards a CFA qualification. You will be registered with the CFA Program and attend training courses for the CFA exams. You will also have an additional study leave prior to exams.
This programme takes the form of a two-year contract with Arete. We cannot guarantee a role in the firm at the end, but over the two-year period indivudals can develop the skills and insights necessary to start a successful equity research career; exceptional performances may be rewarded with full-time roles either within Arete or where possible among our clients and partners.
Required expertise, knowledge and attributes
- Graduate with relevant finance/economics/numerical degree and/or Masters of Finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (esp. Excel)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Effective communicator, written and oral
- Self-starter with a proactive, positive outlook
- Highly-organised, flexible and willing to get involved
- Team player with the ability to execute projects independently if required
- An interest in investing, stock-markets and/or stock-picking is a plus
- Ideally candidates will have completed a degree or Masters of Finance course in the summer of 2018, or in the previous two years
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates with a valid UK visa/permit which is valid for the duration of the programme
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who can commit to the full 24 month training programme (working full time)
- Applicants must be able to start at the latest in the summer of 2018