Talent Solutions Lead - Assessment (12-month maternity cover)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Based in London, this is an exciting role for a motivated and dynamic Occupational Psychologist with expertise in talent assessment who will be responsible for delivering a wide range of assessment related solutions and projects.
Alongside leading a small team of practitioner psychologists, you will have the opportunity to draw upon your specialist technical and consultative skills to provide high-quality assessment expertise and advice to you team, internal stakeholders and the global business, ensuring colleagues in talent, resourcing, development and HR are equipped to utilise assessment methods and tools in an effective, fair and consistent way.
Reporting to the Head of Talent Solutions, the role holder will be highly proactive and lead a full range of assessment related solutions, from providing expert advice to further embedding the Bank's global assessment agenda and guidelines . Whilst a rigorous approach is important, so is practical delivery. The role requires a pragmatist, who appreciates the art and science of assessment, but also thinks about the needs of the business and maintains a laser focus on the applicability of their practice and landing assessment solutions favourably to a range of senior stakeholders. Your overarching purpose will be to ensure that the Bank is making effective, defensible and applicable assessment related decisions, both now and in the future.
On any given day, you may be enabling your team to deliver priorities to the business, providing expert advice and guidance on assessment solutions, sharing your knowledge and equipping internal stakeholders to assess participants in a fair, inclusive and compliant way. You may be commissioning new assessment solutions and working to ensure their practical applicability and benefit or designing and implementing assessment programmes in relevant Business areas and evaluating their success, either independently or in collaboration with third party vendors.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Be the internal assessment specialist and lead for best practice and impartiality regarding the Bank's use of assessments, globally
- Be responsible day to day for a team of practitioner psychologists, including prioritising work and providing mentoring, guidance and expert advice on technical and specialist aspects of the role.
- Advance and embed the Bank's assessment agenda to support the People Strategy
- Assist in providing specialist advice to your direct reports, wider team and stakeholders, working in partnership with the business and HR centres of excellence
- Research, commission and/or design appropriate best-in-class assessments, to time, cost and quality, for a wide range of roles and levels, across resourcing, development and talent management, working effectively with third party assessment vendors
- Own, manage and foster vendor relationships to create and maximise value
- Ensure the smooth implementation of assessment solutions, including broad consultation and problem-solving to anticipate and overcome practical and logistical challenges
- Support the design and delivery of training and upskilling of assessors and facilitators
- Adopt an approach of continuous improvement regarding priorities for the assessment agenda, guidelines and specific solutions
- Coordinate evaluation and validation of the Bank's assessment methods where relevant, and provide recommendations accordingly
- Keep up-to-date with assessment legislation and best practice
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the assessment market, trends and innovations to ensure the Bank is staying relevant and up-to-date with innovative approaches
The ideal candidate will have significant subject matter expertise in the areas of Talent Assessment, Talent Management and HR as well as experience in people leadership.
The Talent agenda is one that is evolving rapidly so the successful candidate will be comfortable with managing ambiguity and working with others across a wide variety of levels.
There is a need for strong stakeholder management, leadership and collaboration, and action orientation in this role. This is a specialist role and requires a candidate to have a number of professional qualifications including;
- MSc Occupational/Organisational/IO Psychology (or equivalent)
- BPS Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing: Ability (also known as Level A) (or equivalent)
- BPS Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing: Personality (also known as Level B intermediate) (or equivalent)
The ideal candidate will have a wide range of professional experience:
- Significant in-depth experience gained with at least one global organisation with volume, specialist and executive assessment needs, either in-house or in consulting
- Significant experience of implementing and managing a range of forward-thinking assessment solutions for a range of roles and levels including senior executive
- Significant experience of communicating assessment related information to both assessment specialist and non-assessment specialist audiences
- Experience of managing third-party vendors to deliver large-scale assessment projects
- Good technical knowledge of a range of psychometric assessments and methodologies
- Good technical knowledge of key evaluative criteria (i.e. validity, reliability etc.) for a broad range of assessment methods, and how to apply them to evaluate assessment tools and approaches
- Ability to navigate within a large and complex organisation (experience in an regulated environment would be an advantage)
- Proven track record of building enduring relationships with key stakeholders and holding a credible point of view when challenged
- Experience in delivering work using dynamic work practices / human centred design would be an advantage
- Experience of designing face to face assessments using behavioural frameworks and job analysis techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.