European Recruitment Manager
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Taxation, the newly created role of Director, Taxation will primarily involve meeting the tax compliance and tax reporting requirements of Brookfield’s European Global Manager group. This role offers an excellent opportunity for career development and growth as a tax professional in a highly dynamic and challenging work environment.
As an alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management and a 120-year heritage as owners and operators, we are invested in long-life, high-quality assets and businesses in more than 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and BAM.A.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Brookfield’s operations are organized into the following business groups: Real Estate, Infrastructure, Renewable Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities. This Tax role is part Brookfield Management Group (“BMG”), which manages Corporate activities and acts as a partner to each business group. The BMG Tax role will focus on tax planning for the Corporate entities across Europe, sharing best practices, and facilitating communication across the business groups to ensure that activities that require consistency across groups are coordinated. Accordingly, we operate in a team based and matrix reporting environment requiring everyone to consider who might be impacted by a decision and/or who needs to be involved or aware.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Taxation, the role of Director, Taxation will lead the Tax function for BMG across Europe. This role will interact closely with Brookfield’s Tax teams based in London in the business groups and with BMG Tax team members in North America, including the Global Head of Tax.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for career development and growth as a tax professional in a highly dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Tax planning, strategy and tax risk management for BMG;
- Proactively communicate tax risks and recommend tax strategies and solutions to senior management in London and the BMG Tax team in Toronto;
- Consider the UK tax position of the Brookfield group and ensure consolidated UK tax compliance requirements are satisfied;
- Ensure UK transfer pricing documentation is prepared annually in accordance with Brookfield’s methodology and review for consistency across the business groups;
- Provide ongoing tax support to Legaland Treasury functions;Assist HR with compensation tax matters including long term incentive plans;Oversee the tax compliance for all BMG companies in the UK, Europe and the Middle East;
- Preparation of quarterly tax provision and reporting for BMG entities;
- Manage HMRC tax audits and assist with preparing responses to HMRC enquiries;
- Monitor compliance with UK and Canadian CFC rules
- Keep up to date on EU and UK tax changes and developments and communicate the implications internally
- Qualified ACA (or equivalent) with significant corporate tax experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and /or in industry with a multinational corporate group
- Strong technical knowledge of UK tax rules and experience in tax planning, corporate reorganizations and CFC rules.
- Tax compliance and reporting experience for large corporates
- Good understanding of and experience with tax accounting under IFRS
- Able to communicate complex tax matters and issues in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Excellent project management skills and applies a pragmatic and efficient approach to handling complex assignments