- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Tax AccountantThis role will be responsible for indirect tax compliance for Northern Trust's entities across the EMEA region. Working as part of a team and reporting to the EMEA Head of Tax, the successful candidate will have exposure to all aspects of Northern Trust's business in the region. The role will also include liaising with external advisors in various locations that assist with the tax compliance process as well as local tax authorities.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Preparing and submitting timely and accurate VAT returns and annual adjustments across the EMEA region, working closely with the local Finance teams, Accounts Payable and Fee Billing.
• Preparing and submitting timely and accurate ECSL and Intrastat returns across the EMEA region working closely with the Accounts Payable and Fee Billing team.
• Liaising with external advisors that assist with the local preparation and submission of VAT returns and the support for the global VAT software
• Ensuring that all VAT return payments are made on a timely and accurate basis.
• Preparing accounting journals relating to VAT accounts
• Preparing monthly reconciliations of VAT accounts and entering these into the global tracking system
• Providing support and guidance to the Accounts Payable and Fee Billing teams on VAT queries
• Oversight from a VAT perspective of transfers of fixed assets and liaison with relevant corporate functions.
• Keeping up to date with developments in EMEA tax legislation and guidance
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• A UK tax qualification
• Experience in Financial Services
• Strong IT skills
• Ability to organise, manage and prioritise work in order to deliver to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team but to be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
• A commitment to tax and to remain up to date with developments in tax
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Methodical thinking
• Time management
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets