My client, a global investment management corporation, are looking for an in-house Tax Advisor to join their team in London on a 12 month contract basis.
- Responsible for covering aspects of the following areas: Fund of funds, direct hedge funds, private credit
- Providing hands-on tax support to the business areas in Europe, based primarily in London but also including teams in most other major European jurisdictions
- Responsibility for new product launch tax work and ongoing tax oversight for the fund ranges and vehicles associated with those businesses.
- Oversight of tax due diligence on selected investments to be held by the funds.
- Developing tax-related processes and procedures and maintain oversight of the tax operational processes that are necessary to support each fund.
- Answer, or assist in the handling of, investor queries related to the taxation.
- Achieve an appropriate balance between assisting investors’ understanding of the relevant tax issues and providing tax advice that should more properly be provided by an investor’s own tax advisers.
Skills & Education
- The roleholder should have at least 5+ years’ experience working in Alternative fund taxation.
- The candidate should hold a professional tax / legal qualification.
- Knowledge of European investor tax reporting regimes (but not necessarily experience in operating them)