Tax Compliance and Accounting Manager # 104526
Corporate Income Tax Compliance
- Responsible for the corporate tax compliance processes in the UK, including resolving tax positions, preparation and review of annual UK corporate tax returns, ensuring the completeness and completeness of the UK tax returns, timeliness of submission, and accuracy and timeliness of corporate tax payments for the UK entities.
- Supporting the Director of Tax Compliance and Accounting for EMEA and the EMEA Head of Tax on handling the relationship with the UK tax authorities, including enquiries into the corporate tax affairs of the entities in the UK, including coordination with Group Finance and external advisors, and driving resolution of tax issues.
- Responsible for the corporate tax compliance processes for non-UK specialist entities, including review of annual corporate tax returns, ensuring the completeness of the tax returns, timeliness of submission, and accuracy and timeliness of tax payments for the non-UK specialist entities.
- Handling the monthly corporate tax accounting process for entities in the EMEA region, and liaising with Group Finance and with the Global Tax Accounting Function ("GTAF") to ensure tax accounting processes are efficient and have sufficient governance.
- Providing support to the Director of Tax Compliance and Accounting for EMEA and the EMEA Head of Tax in running the regional effective corporate tax rate and executing tax planning initiatives.
- Ensuring all in-scope entities are adhering to controls within the Sarbanes Oxley process.
- Management of tax team in offshore location (oversight and review of work).
- Protecting the firm's reputation in respect of UK corporation tax compliance matters.
- Providing support to the Director of Tax Compliance and Accounting for EMEA to ensure the EMEA Tax Compliance and Accounting Function is conducted in compliance with all appropriate bank policies and legal and regulatory requirements.
Reporting of and managing of EMEA Tax governance and control matters, including:
- Escalation of tax matters to EMEA Head of Tax; Operational Risk reporting.
- Sarbanes Oxley Controls and processes.
- Support to the Director of Tax Compliance and Accounting for EMEA in ensuring effective governance remains in place to provide appropriate levels of oversight and control within the EMEA GTAF function.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- ACA/CTA qualified with post-qualification experience of circa 7-8 years.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role - either in consultancy or in house tax department.
- Validated technical UK corporate tax skills (and able to maintain a constant, up-to-date, UK tax technical competence).
- Proven corporate tax compliance and reporting experience (UK and EMEA).
- Solid tax accounting skills (US GAAP and IFRS).
- Experience of dealing with HMRC an advantage.
- UK corporate tax compliance experience for banking entities an advantage.
- Experience of Onesource Corporation Tax software an advantage.
- An individual focused on operating within and enhancing the existing tax risk and control framework (including Sarbanes Oxley).
- Someone who can naturally build effective working relationships across a variety of departments.
- A self-motivated real teammate who is able to prioritise and work to demanding deadlines.
- A person with solid people skills (communicative, approachable, affable, reliable and dependable) that can work within a larger team as well as individually.
- Ability to lead external advisors.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.