- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
See job description for details
We're looking for a Tax Manager to join us in London or Edinburgh
- You'll be the primary contact for NatWest Markets front office teams, and you'll have the chance to build your network across our organisation
- This is a brand new role which you'll be able to really make your own, and will offer you the opportunity to develop several skills
- RBS Tax, a division of Finance, is responsible for all taxes including Corporation Tax and VAT, and you'll enjoy a considerable variety in your role
What you'll do
You'll be the main point of contact with NatWest Markets front office teams for transactions, including securitisation/warehousing, repos and stock lending transactions under the Enhanced Transaction Approval Process ("ETAP"). You'll undertake the first review of new products and transactions from each franchise, with a focus on NatWest Markets, Commercial, Restructuring and Leasing.
We'll look to you to advise on queries relating to market standard agreements, and provide operational tax support as required. You'll work with senior managers in assessing the tax risk (including reputational risk) arising from a range of projects and business areas. You'll also liaise with other tax teams on a variety of transactions and ensure they are made aware of relevant deals and issues.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Manage and advise on RBS tax sign offs, including ensuring deals are reviewed, 4 eyed and sign off circulated to the business within requested timeframe
- Assist with embedding tax policy within the franchises and monitoring compliance, MI and testing controls
- Embed effective and efficient tax controls in business processes as required
- Liaise with internal and external auditors regarding the data collation required to carry out audit
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with an ACA/CTA/Legal or equivalent qualification, or someone with significant related experience. Along with a strong record of application within a business environment, you'll be an assured and flexible communicator able to build effective relationships with a wide range of colleagues, at all levels.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Commercial and business awareness
- The ability to act creatively and practically to solve problem
- A proactive approach and the ability to adapt quickly to new challenges
- Experience of UK corporate tax
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.