- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Prepare/review of quarterly and annual US GAAP tax provisions, including tracking deferred taxes and preparation of roll forwards and corporate income tax reconciliations
- Review of income and non-income tax returns and payments for the BvD group, including preparation of return to accrual reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of transfer pricing documentation
- Liaise with BvD Finance Teams and BvD tax advisors on tax projects and ad hoc matters
- Provide tax advice to the BvD business team as questions/issues arise
- Assist with the management of BvD tax audits and responding to queries from the tax authorities
The focus of the role is to assist with Corporation, VAT and withholding tax issues in the BvD line of business. The role is based in London and will include a mixture of tax compliance and project work. The position offers a good opportunity for a candidate with a keen interest in a career in tax to be involved in a wide range of issues, covering multiple countries, within a global company.
- Relevant tax experience; specifically related to corporate and VAT (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- ACA/ACCA/CPA (or equivalent qualification) is preferable.
- Technical knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP would be advantageous
- Broad exposure to transfer pricing issues preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of a major financial system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to detail
- French speaker advantageous.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.