- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
**Tax Manager - SME Brokerage Company - £80,000 - £90,000** My client is an International SME Brokerage firm, looking for an individual with the following: - Comprehensive understanding of Transactional and/or withholding Tax issues - Ability to read, understand and relay tax regulations - Excited by an Operational Role
A SME Brokerage client of ours is looking for a Tax Manage to join their multi-faceted and dynamic firm. This requires the candidate to review existing operational tax processes, analyse the tax impact of tax regulatory changes and new business proposals in order to be able to influence the implementation of change.
The candidate will be driven to provide consistently high standards, keen to identify and resolve issues; will challenge existing processes and controls whilst working with cross functional teams to implement operational improvements.
- Have a good understanding of transactional and/or withholding tax issues including identifying tax issues as they impact processes and the ability to read understand and relay tax regulations.
- Have the ability to be analytical, problem solve with a good attention to detail with a record of identifying and dealing with issues as they arise
- Be motivated, self-driven and excited by an operational role with changing priorities and objectives often with tight deadlines possess strong team working skills, willing to put forward ideas and challenge current practice
- Be a strong communicator with good organisation skills as it will involve communicating to a large variety of people at many different levels within the firm
- Although the position may not initially involve having direct reports the candidate will be liaising regularly with a number of internal and external parties.
- Provide cross Operational and Business Unit tax support in regards to operational taxes hence knowledge of the banking sector and ideally experience of working in an operational taxes environment or supporting operational taxes from a tax technical perspective
- Demonstrate good knowledge of Stamp Duty, Transaction Taxes, Withholding Tax or Capital Gains Tax regimes and how they impact operational processing and infrastructure
To be considered for the role you should have detailed tax technical knowledge of transactional taxes, withholding tax or capital gains regimes with in a similar financial services SME firm. Should you be CTA qualified this would be a distinct advantage also with people management.