Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 900 institutional investors. We have USD 94 billion in assets under management and more than 1,400 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership. What it's about
In this position, you will be part of our highly dynamic team of legal and tax professionals that support Partners Group's investment professionals in the management of all tax aspects of our private market investment activities.
What we expect
- Supporting the investment professionals in the tax due diligence and tax structuring aspects across Partners Group' business lines (Private Equity, Private Real Estate, Private Infrastructure and Private Debt) on direct and fund of funds investments.
- Monitoring existing investments in relation to their tax efficiency and pro-actively design and suggest alternatives if required.
- Coordinating the tax onboarding of lead investments.
- Supporting the Head of Investment Tax in strategic tax projects and continuous screening of tax legislation changes in Europe.
- Coordinating and managing outside tax counsels.
- Negotiating terms and conditions in relation to tax matters.
- Training of investment and legal team members in tax matters.
- Supporting our wider teams (e.g., Transaction Services, Tax Operations, Client Solutions and Structuring Services) on tax related matters.
This exciting opportunity arises for candidates with the following background:
What we offer
- 8 to 12 years of relevant experience as a tax lawyer with a highly recognized law firm or Big 4 or as an in-house tax counsel at major investment funds.
- Experience in cross-border tax matters involving the main European countries.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, high attention to details and finance aspects of tax work.
- Top academic credentials and advanced degree (e.g., LL.M., MBA in finance, law school or equivalent).
- Fluent in English, and German being a plus.
- Entrepreneurial and international team and working environment.
- Growth-oriented entrepreneurial culture with significant leadership opportunities.
- Broad tax experience at a global private markets investment manager.
- Dynamic international working environment.
- Competitive salary with performance-oriented compensation models.
- Full benefits package.