Tax Manager - Corporate & international Tax
Job Description Summary:
Our TMT Tax team is looking for a Manager to join our growing team and facilitate the continued growth of the practice. You will seek out opportunities to develop and grow the portfolio of business, establish strong relationships in the sector and be able to make introductions to your colleagues cross-service line. Job Description:
The world of technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) never stands still. And neither do the businesses within it. But with rapid change comes opportunity. Business models are changing thanks to financing being more readily available, mergers and acquisitions increasing, governments offering incentives to attract businesses to their countries and fierce competition for good people. For those who are agile enough to take advantage, growth is accelerated.
Our TMT Tax team is looking for a Manager to join our growing team and be part of the continued growth of the practice. You will seek out opportunities to develop and grow the portfolio of business, establish strong relationships in the sector and be able to make introductions to your colleagues cross-service line. What you'll be doing:
- Advising UK and international groups on a range of domestic and cross border tax issues, group structuring, tax efficient financing, inbound and outbound investment, etc.
- Recommending strategies for managing clients' effective tax rate using efficient intellectual property, financing and other strategies
- Overseeing teams in regards to tax advisory projects. Acting as the point of contact for specialists, overseas member firms and external advisers to deliver successful projects and expertise to those clients.
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff
- Proactively seeks out business development opportunities.
- you'll have gained experience working within a professional services environment
- you'll possess working knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation
- you'll have reviewed work and supervised staff in a tax environment
- You'll have post qualified experience (ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You'll have experience of managing a sizeable portfolio of tax clients
- Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.