Tax Manager - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
Tax Manager - London
At a glance
The UK tax function is the primary source of tax advice for ABN AMRO in the UK. The function also has tax compliance responsibilities across business lines and entities.
Responsible for managing the UK Tax position and risks of the ABN AMRO Group through:
- Proactively advising and assisting all UK business lines in all tax related matters
- Ensuring that the UK operates within the Group's tax risk appetite and that a transparent, open relationship is maintained with HMRC
- Ensuring compliance with all UK filing obligations across all direct and indirect taxes.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Group Tax and UK business lines
- To ensure that the UK Tax function is trusted and respected by all internal and external stakeholders
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer. The responsibilities of UK tax are broad due to the varied business lines and ABN AMRO UK being part of a wider international group.
The UK tax function has responsibility for advising all UK business lines and functions on all tax related matters including corporation tax, VAT, stamp duty, transfer pricing, payroll taxes, banking taxes, operational taxes (CRS) and other international tax matters.
The main objective of the UK tax function is to ensure that ABN AMRO UK discharges its responsibilities towards internal and external stakeholders in an efficient and effective manner for all tax related matters.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Lease, Commercial Finance and Clearing.
The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on the client's success. We want clients to perceive us as trusted, professional and ambitious - our core values.
At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition.
We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Capital Market Solutions - Sales & Trading, Clearing and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Commercial Finance and Leasing
- ACA or CTA qualified tax professional with PQE experience in financial services
- Knowledge of UK tax legislation and case law, (particularly corporation and employment tax)
- Practical experience of preparing corporation tax (preferred) and employment tax (PSA) returns
- Understanding of financial services products and tax matters associated with these and wider cross border activities including transfer pricing, thin cap, in-pat/ex-pat issues and WHT
- Experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.
For more information please contact Niki Champion, Onsite Recruiter, email@example.com , +44 203 192 9342.
Back to search results