Tax Manager, AVP
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
The Tax Project Manager, based in London, will be an integral member of the small and dynamic corporate tax department and will support State Street Corporation’s tax operations.State Street
The Tax Project Manager, based in London, will be an integral member of the small and dynamic corporate tax department and will support State Street Corporation’s tax operations. The successful candidate will report to State Street’s Head of tax and will be responsible for delivering tax department initiatives. This is an exciting role for a candidate with relevant experience and the necessary enthusiasm and softer skills to generate and drive change. There is also significant scope to actively participate and both contribute and gain experience in tax compliance, tax advisory, IT solutions and corporate restructuring including M&A.
- Project managing tax initiatives arising from tax planning. This will often require the involvement of other State Street departments, external advisory, other stakeholders and require compliance with State Street governance procedures. Tax and accounting experience in this role will be key to efficient progress and outcomes.
- Engagement on behalf of tax in the global Finance transformation project.
- Project management of tax transformation. This will involve collating tax specifications and identifying IT solutions to necessary process re-engineering and enhancements.
- Coordination of some key tax compliance processes, timetable and reporting, such as State Street compliance with BEPS Action 13 requirements.
- Assisting the team with analytics, reporting, advisory, compliance and tasks that require co-ordination.
- Compiling reporting and presentations for board and senior management attention.
- Representing the tax team in cross-departmental or global initiatives in relation to, for example, risk and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting the tax team with the managing, organisation and resourcing of workload.
- Continuously challenging tax engagement and processes to identify more efficient and risk-focused ways of delivering these.