Tax Manager Advisory Support
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Nov 17 2017-11-27
This is an international tax advisory role, focused on the provision of professional advice for a number of tax critical projects and transactions in EMEA. There will also be an opportunity to cover for front office tax support and provide tax internal approvals.
- Tax technical lead in areas such as hybrids, interest restriction, bank levy, loss restriction rules.
- International tax analysis (including CFC analysis, PE risk, cross border contract/term negotiation).
- Tax analysis for reorganisations and restructuring, including with respect to capital and funding planning.
- Providing tax advice as part of strategic projects.
- Co-ordination with external advisers and tax colleagues in the US and Asia regarding cross-border transactions.
- Monitoring changes in tax law and analysing impact on businesses
- Liaison with the compliance and reporting team to ensure correct treatment of transactions in tax returns and audits
- Developing and monitoring internal controls to manage tax riskSkills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Professional qualification (Accountant/Lawyer/CTA) or equivalent
- Financial services tax experience preferred (e.g. in another bank, accountancy or law firm)
- Good tax technical knowledge, with a strong UK corporate tax background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A good team player
- Ability to build good working relationships with business, Finance and Legal
- Ability to deliver complex tax advice in a clear and precise commercial manner